D40 start then stall, no fuel prime

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameso

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a Thai built d40 dual cab manual 4x4 2.5 diesel with 100000ks.
The problem i have is the ute will start then 10 seconds later stall, if I then prime the fuel it starts again and is fine until I switch it off for more than a day or longer. I have replaced the suction control valve, done a relearn with a scan tool, replaced the fuel filter and housing, pressurised the fuel tank to check for any external leaks and tried over a period of time leaving the fuel cap loose in case the tank was creating a vacuum. I have had this problem ever since I've owned it 12000ks ago. When the ute is running it is perfect no other problems. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

welcome to the forum James.

When you say filter and housing does that mean you the entire unit plunger and all?

ok, it does seem like you have done all the usual things.
I think there is some sort of one way valve that is meant to stop the fuel going back into the system, i cant remember exactly where, maybe in the fuel pump?

we need someone with the complete Yd25 manual to take a look at find out its location

You have definitely bled the fuel system after replacing the fuel filter?

I had this issue a couple of weeks ago after replacing mine. Just gave the system a good air bleed and she has been right as rain ever since.

Also check all your fuel lines for any little cracks around the ends. You may have air getting into the system somewhere

Have you fitted a long range fuel tank. Remember the guy with the new V6 diesel Nav Nathan that rebuilt his whole fuel system only to find ARB fitted the fuel tank wrong.

Thanks guys
I've replaced one section of hose as it did leak when I pressurised the tank which could have been sucking air in. I also fitted clear lines before and after the filter housing to see if any air bubbles were present when the engine is running but that was ok. Still has standard tank. Everything is standard except egr is blocked off.

Must be air. With the clear line attached, you should be able to raise a section of it higher than the fuel filter so that the bubble will be clearly visible in it when the vehicle is turned off.

A few people have had issues with the face of the primer bulb cracking and allowing air to be sucked in. How's yours?

Stupid question because you seam to know what you are doing. Have you checked that the fuel lines aren't ass about on the fuel filter.

Replacing the filter and primer housing was one of the first things I did. I agree it has to be air getting in. I'm going to try the clear hoses again and leave them on over night and see if I'm getting air on one or both sides of the filter. I'll let you know the results. Thanks everyone for their input. Any other ideas are welcome

What brand of filter is it. I have had trouble with aftermarket ones. Went genuine and haven't had any since.

Back