D40 STX550 - V6 Diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DieselSmart

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Over the next few months we are getting a new promo car, our 100 series is starting to show it's age :( so we're keeping the 100 series but also going to purchase a new car.

The runners are STX550 V6, 3.2L Ford Ranger and 2012 Hilux. After driving all these cars the STX appears to be the winner for the time being, as it's only a new car there isn't a lot of info on them.

I would like to know opinions of people who own these cars and drive them everyday as it's a better guide then going to the dealer and test driving them... what information i'm looking for is...

how comfortable are they on long journeys (8 hours of driving or more per day)?
Have you had any issues with them ? (limp modes, excessive diesel usage, overboosting, pretty much any problem under the sun)
most importantly, if given the chance would you buy another one?

The day we get it will have all the mods, Diesel Smart module, exhaust, snorkal, egr blank, egt defence system, 2" lift, bigger tires... so we're excited to get it!

I was going to buy the 550 but being only 1st series means there's going to be issues with drive line, engine and other items nissan had to change to make this car different from the STX.

Many of the other questions like ride and reliability... I used my ST to drive from Bris to west Mackay weekly and loved it except the rear skipping around some corners and rough roads.

Also do some research on the dealers as they do differ from one to the other.

I should be picking mine up next week traded the 09 STX, what I did find on the test drive the first half of pedal travel not alot seemed to happen, second half it really comes to life. Not as smooth as I would like, and on light cruise it seems like it holds gears more than it needs to.
Once I pick it up I should know a bit more, I am looking forward to towing with it. I did the trip in the 2.5 auto so it will be interesting to compare. Towed a car trailer and car, weighing about 2.1 tonne and 3 up in the navara plus gear in the tray. 12.1 by the scangauge was the best tank towing, worst 13.9.

BIG DAT said:
I should be picking mine up next week traded the 09 STX, what I did find on the test drive the first half of pedal travel not alot seemed to happen, second half it really comes to life. Not as smooth as I would like, and on light cruise it seems like it holds gears more than it needs to.
Once I pick it up I should know a bit more, I am looking forward to towing with it. I did the trip in the 2.5 auto so it will be interesting to compare. Towed a car trailer and car, weighing about 2.1 tonne and 3 up in the navara plus gear in the tray. 12.1 by the scangauge was the best tank towing, worst 13.9.

That's the problem, huge amounts of turbo lag and shit gearbox. Chip fixed it up no end, speak to chipit.
Very comfy on long journeys, sit back & relax with cruise engaged all day.

Oh, the only major problem apart from the shit gearbox and turbo lag is the intercooler pipe splitting, happening to lots of them including mine today, wrap the pipe going into the cooler as soon as you get it with something to hold it together a bit better

Latest posts

Back