D40 water injection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew_man

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently installing my water/meth system and have finnished all my wiring and installing the tank and pump.

I'm now looking at where to stick the injector

I have a hpd intercooler and I'm looking at drilling and tapping it Into the chamber or the cooler on the cool side.

Are you able to put it In here or does it have to go in ur pipes ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 91
I thought pipes.ive got a temp probe fitted to the inlet manifold neck.the spot is good for access and its nice and thick for tapping a thread...im sure ive read about possible run on from a nozzle too far before the engine inlet manifold.ive also seen a install where the post intercooler pipes were cut and a peice of alloy pipe once drilled and tapped was fitted for the nozzles.

Doesn't look like my room on the cold side with the 90deg hose clamped on it but will have a better look in the morning ?

This is where I decided to mount my pump and tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 81
Yer man will do just keen to get it going :)

Might get someone to weld a nut on if I can't get it on the flange of the cooler is the other option.

How far from the motor should the nozzle be

I'm also going to through a forefront turbo on tomorrow night

Last edited:
Upgrades! Nice.not sure on position but id check devils own website or google bluenavara he has some good pics of his devils own setup

I've got mine in the pipe just after the intercooler, figured the further back from the intake the more time it would have to pull heat from the air. Also had one pre intercooler but figured i'd end up with water sitting in the cooler so stopped using it.

it doesn't need to be back from the engine very far. alcohol will evaporate within 50mm.

but the water side of it is a little tricky as it evaporates very little. you can put it right up to the intake manifold but make sure its going to wash down each intake runner.
due to the large airflow the water dosn't spray across, it only comes out of the nozzle a mm or so.
so the water will start flowing down one side of the pipe to start with. thats important because if that side of the pipe feeds one half of the manifold, all the water can go down one half of the manifold. that results in to much water is some pistons and not enough in others.

so it does pay to come back away from the manifold to give the water time to mix.

the other catch is that water washes down the internal surface of the pipe, it gets in all the joins. if the joins are not well sealed they will start to leak and can cause the hoses to pop off.

Latest posts

Back