D40's cool features

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi fellas,

To the best of my knowledge it is from Sth Africa. Mine has the same sticker.

As for 12v sockets. Mine has 3. 2 in the dash. one of those is permanently powered which is handy for the fridge i carry. the other is in the centre console where you rest your elbow and keep CD's and crap.

I love my 2007 Navara but have had some pretty serious issues with fuel pump/common rail/injectors/injector pressure sensor/fuel consumption/smoking etc. Have finally got it all sorted it seems now, but took the best part of 50,000k to get any fix from Nissan. Never spent a cent extra doing it, but would have hoped they could work it out a little quicker. Anyway I have loved it either way. I rant to anyone who'll listen about all the little things good about them that you fellas have described above.

Have agood one.

Starkers

S.A. means it is made in Spain, S.A. is similar to our Pty Ltd. It probably has Nissan S.A. on it or something simlar, I'm too slack to go out and look at mine :)

Recently found a feature that is not mentioned in the book or on the forum....so long as the key is out of the ignition and the door shut....it will lock itself after a while. Found this accidently while crossing the Simpson Desert a few weeks back. Has anyone else experienced this yet?

Recently found a feature that is not mentioned in the book or on the forum....so long as the key is out of the ignition and the door shut....it will lock itself after a while. Found this accidently while crossing the Simpson Desert a few weeks back. Has anyone else experienced this yet?

Not sure if this is related but I have found that if you push the lock button on the key fob while a or any door is open then once all the doors are shut the car is locked......moral of the story....make sure you still got the key on you to get back in.

The cabin lights turn off after 10 minutes automatically when the doors are open/ajar. This way, when you leave and don't close the door properly, it won't drain the battery.

i like the built in voice activated phone and indash satnav and the electric factory tilt and slide sunroof.

Mine has a plug for (i'm assuming) a ipod but no 12v outlet, only have two on the dash. No LED light in console as best as I know

I run a long cable from the aux plug in the glove box under the edge of the console and bought a Belkin 3.5v to direct Ipod adapter and use the 12v outlet in the console. My Ipod is out of sight and when you want to use just lift console lid. Works a treat, sounds ok, not a bad compromise if direct ipod control is not standard.

The auto relock feature is common on many new cars if the car is unlocked and no door is actually opened. Prevents accidentally unlocking(and leaving unlocked) your car when key fob is in your pocket.

Something not mentioned so far - the 2009 STX Dual Cab has the most awesomest wiper washer I've seen on a car. It literally sprays - it's far, far superior to the old "squirt". The 2009 Barber Shop Edition (D22) just squirts. You need the full mobile salon to get a spray.

The cabin lights turn off after 10 minutes automatically when the doors are open/ajar. This way, when you leave and don't close the door properly, it won't drain the battery.

I don't use cabin lights normally so there is little chance I leave them on, I also don't lock my car in the garage so the NATS isn't ever activated while at home but while staying in Perth both these situations changed and I found out that in less than 10 mins leaving the light on and locking the car in a dark garage can set the alarm off. Then again I also found that I can set the NATS off by slamming the canopy windows thus shaking the car in just the right way and also by strategically directing the gernie jet in under the front bumper although both these tricks only work when the car is parked on an incline. Thankfully all three situations are easy to avoid.

I am loving the adjustable headlights at the moment, I thought it was a stupid gimmick when i first saw it. Around town I have them pointing down so that they don't shine into the back window of the cars in front and when out on the highway I adjust them up and the light shines heaps further out in front of the car, Genius!

I know this is gonna sound really bad, but i think the navara is a drink drivers best friend 8 cup holders now thats just crazy, i am in love with the fact that my brother in law can give me alot of shit for driving a navara but when we go off road mines the fist up the hill and the one with the snatch pulling him out..... THATS WHAT I LOVE

Latest posts

Back