D40's cool features

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had my D40 for a bit over 3 months now and I am still finding little clever things that they have put into it when the car was designed. I am amazed by some of them because its not like they were done as an extra selling point to try and move them off the sales yard, because most of them arent advertised.

Some that I love are:
*the tie down system
*the fold up and down back seats
*the headlight feature that I just learnt about in another thread (stay on for 30 sec if you flick the high beam)

*but my absolute favourite is the lights in the side mirrors that light up the side of the car when you unlock it. I leave for work when its still dark in winter and it lights up around the car so i dont step in dog crap and can see my way around no probs. Love it!

I dont really want this thread about what you don't like about it, but whats you favourite bits?
The headlight switch which allows us to adjust the beam up or down was not used as a selling point, yet, is magic as we load and unload the rear. I found mine quite by accident. Thanks re tip on headlight delay. New to me. Can't wait to try it. The tie down rails are great even without the alloy eye points. I cut some squares of steel, tapped a thread in them and bolt my Engel brand fridge slider to the deck of the tub. No scratches or drilling.Thanks for tips. RockyOne,Emerald Q.

Don't know if it has been covered but I use my stereo as the hands free by using 3mm jack and placing the stereo into AUX. discovered by accident that you do not have to turn the stereo on with the power button but just hit FM / AM / CD or if you use the AUX for hands free just push and hold then answer phone. Something minor but thought I would throw it here

cruise control lol , used it for the first time today on the way home from the sunny coast and im hooked

Found out last night that if you leave the map lights on accidentally, they time themselves out! And no, it wasn't the battery going flat :p

Just another one that i dont think has been mentioned, when towing a trailer/boat and you use the indicator, and extra light pops up on the dash to tell you there is another set of blinkers operating somewhere! towed a 300kg pool table from sydney to newcastle last night, 6th gear 110km/h the whole way, even up the other side of the big dipper. just cruised up the hill and didnt struggle or even look like slowing down. Loving the power!

Yeah that makes sense, we converted all the trailers to LED a few years back so maybe I do use the indicators, I'm sure I turn corners with the trailer on so it's one thing or the other.

Latest posts

Back