D40's cool features

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever since someone mentioned the lazy arse indicators, (or maybe that should be lane changing indicators or something more politically correct) I find that I have to remember to push the stalk further when I'm turning corners instead of just the light push for the 3 flashes.

"the headlight feature that I just learnt about in another thread (stay on for 30 sec if you flick the high beam)"

"i love the indicators, just tap the indicator stalk in the desired direction and lights will flash 3 times. perfect for lazy pricks like me when changing lanes!"

"The extra bit on the sun visor that slides out"

can someone explain these to me? i have a 2007 st-x dual cab and don't have any of these bits :(

Pretty simple Eug.

The indicator has two parts to the switch, you can flick it all the way up so that it clicks, in which case the indicator will flash until it is returned to the "off" position. Or, you can flick it up just a little bit, don't hold it there, just a quick tap so that it doesn't quite go over the click point, and the indicator will flash 3 times and stop. It's a lane-change thing.

Park your car, turn everything off, then flick the "Pass" lights (the key does not have to be in the ignition, I just went and did this on mine to test it). The high beams will flash momentarily then your low beam will come on for 30 seconds, then automatically turn off.

As for the extra bit on the sun visor, don't feel too jipped, I don't have one either.

hi Old.Tony thanks for the response.

I think I've tried the indicator before but it just does the single flash. However I'll give it a go this evening.

Cheers
Eug

What are those black plastic things under the two front seats stuck to the floor?
They look like something can go in them, plastic tube type things
I have a dual cab

Aren't they venting (either in or out)? I've never really bothered looking at them too much cause i just figured they were vents.

Keeps the hairdressing customers tootsies warm while they get their hair cut and styled.

Something else I discovered I liked today was that I can use the sprayer on the windscreen without activating the wipers immediately. In nearly all new cars I've had in the last 12 years pushing the squirt button either started the wipers immediately with the first squirt or started them and second or two after the squirt started. Today I found out the Nav allows me about 4-5 seconds of squirting before the wipers start and with the effectiveness of the squirters that means the windscreen is nice and wet and therefore not sending the blades across a dryish screen which often scratches. They also don't go automatically for as long as some of my previous cars.

Another feature which I found was handy when parking and only works on the driver's window. When you use the auto power window up feature and take the key out of the ignition, it provides power to the window until it's fully open/closed. Wish they did it for all the door though.

Cheers
Eug

For some reason that doesn't work in the models where the auto up as turned off at the factory, whatever it is they do to them at the factory means removing the key stops the window immediately when the key is removed.

Another thing is u can push the lights above ur head and just turn one on quickly instead of changing the setting for the light .

I also like how u can make the head lights tilt up and down

Get a roof console and you can have LED lights that actually light up the cabin :big_smile:

Although I hate cabin lighting at the best of time so a car without cabin lights would be a cool feature for me.

That would be annoying for me because the only time I actually want interior lighting is when the car is parked in the dark garage and I need to get something out of it and the passenger side is the side I go to.

All of the above.
The only thing I wish is that power is still supplied to the windows for 30sec after you turn the key off like a commodore. It's annoying when you get somewhere, go too get out and they go "my windows still down"
No actually they should install brains into passengers to relies that their about to park, I should but my window up now.

Last edited:
The dash is soooo easy to take apart it's like 1 screw and then just pops out great for aftermarket goodies I can pull my whole dash apart in like 5 mins. My mate just bought a new hilux I feel so sorry for them buggers it looks like its one big bit of plastic.

No actually they should install brains into passengers to relies that their about to park, I should but my window up now.

Don't stop there lets make them programmable brains which we as drivers can program to make the person do anything we want.

Latest posts

Back