Dave's 2006 D22. Sold.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well to celebrate my old age (26) I bought myself a intercooler kit.

4WD Performance Accessories

$1500 delivered and should be here in a week, I cant wait that long damn it.

Ill post up some pics when I am installing it.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do, may chip it one day but thats a decision that will take alot of thought.

Still have to install a few other things to but the cooler will take preference.

Dave.

Yeah, at this stage I have put off a chip until after the warranty expires.

Ya never know though, my mind could change quickly ha ha.

Gonna get the ute Dynoed this week or next if I can. Before and one after the cooler goes on.

Local place does it for $40 something dollars for a run.

Water spray to go on to, Ill figure something out and I am gonna see a sheet metal place to direct the air through the bullbar.

I hate waiting.

Dave.

How'd you go with the intercooler mod Dave? I'm keen to see some photos when its done.

Sounds like a bit of work eh?

Tim

It will get to my house tomorrow.

Going to install it on the weekend.

Wont be able to spend alot of time on here this week.

Got some family stuff this week, I am fine but I got a few things on my mind and I will try and answer PM's and questions when I can.

Dave.

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00034-1.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00036-1.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

I am getting a local intercooler guy/Tig welder to modify the bottom pipe and the pipe that attaches.

The kit wants you to modify the bar, which I would prefer not to as the bar is airbag compliant.

Next wednesday its going to be modified and fitted, I cant wait that long.

Dave.

Intercooler fitted and the engine feels like a petrol. Definetly making more torque, would have gain a few hp but not neck snapping.

Glad to be back in the D22, the D40 I was driving was gonna get me some speeding tickets. Those things are crazy, just glad my D22 doesn't have that much balls.

Seem's to be better on fuel to, I did a 100km round trip tonight and the fuel gauge barely moved.

Filled her up so I will grab some pics monday as I am going camping tomorrow with a few mates.

Spent half of today and some of tonight with the gf as she is working over the weekend.

Boys weekend, bring on a few drinks while talking shit.

Dave.

Should have 2 pics up in a minute.

Just took them then, its 12am so the flash didn't do to bad.

Dave.

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00057-1.jpg

Fuel filter got moved, powersteering cooler got moved.

I wanted to test it on a big hill that I use to slow down 10km/h on but a B-double decided to overtake.

Definetly feel more torque, pulls better under 2000rpm. Still haven't blocked the EGR yet but will do that next weekend and the dual battery kit goes in to next weekend.

Dave.

Second pic ain't spectacular but Ill try and grab some better ones in the morning.

She hits the dyno next friday.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back