Diesel at the pump still made from oil ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dave, how much diesel do you think our mine uses in ONE day??

About 85,000 ltrs of diesel in 24hrs, imagine this if they gave me 1,000 ltr and I used 100 a week it would last me 10 weeks. A 1,000 ltr in a dump truck will last 12 hrs.

Best buy more efficient dump trucks then.

Because of diesel prices I have thought about buying a petrol vehicle...More power,less services and cheaper fuel....I don't know if the newer petrols use much more fuel than diesels...

Cheers...Sparra

Where the missus works they have both a diesel & petrol hilux - the diesel av. bout 10l/100 - the petrol av. 16l/100.

Diesel prices in Sydney where I am vary about 12cents.
But my local BP servo has diesel for 142-144cpl always.
I think it's because of the huge volume of trucks that fill up there.

It's similar here is Gippsland and it's for all fuels but the main difference here is that we are only 90 mins from the city. In the middle of Gippsland prices are nearly always 5-10c dearer than Melbourne price, originally they started blaming "transportation" as the reason for the hike but then when people started watching fuel prices a bit closer and working it out they relaised that excuse would wash, especially not when East Gippsland prices were often cheaper than Melbourne and traveling was double that to get to this area. The fuel companies quickly changed their tact and then started saying the higher price was due to demand, and only consumer demand too not industry.

The ACCC might well be toothless and wont stop price gouging but the arsehole fuel companies continually come up with new excuses (even lame ones) and as long as those excuses fit a legal alibi then prices will never be reasonable.

Although demand is obviously alot higher which means cheaper pricing it's interesting to read how many yanks are concerned about the high cost for fuels and looking at ways to slow down usage before the prices skyrocket and they are paying around 95c a litre at the moment.
Yanks have it cheaper due to less taxes, plus the quality is much poorer compared to ours.

Major servo's mark up their prices, partly because people are using shoppo dockets now (don't worry, we DON'T save money with our dockets), partly because of the brand name.

It's funny, the servo down the road from me (Shell) has diesel at 149.9, since it's on a major hwy. If I was to travel just another 1 minute to the next major road, the Shell there has it at 145.9. They know what they're doing, and their doing is making money.

It's like when we buy fuel in the middle of nowhere. I paid about 1.90 per litre at border village. They justify it by transportation. However, when you do the math, the most they could ever charge whilst being fair is 1.60ish. But because they're only option, they just don't care.

I, personally, have found a local servo about 5 minutes drive from home. Their diesel prices stay the same, and at the moment he's just hitting 144.9. It's good fuel, and it's cheap (plus they fill up for you).

Diesel prices won't go up by a great deal more, however. Bio-diesel fuels are on way, and the cost of bio-diesel production will reach a point where it is consistent. Bio-diesel only costs a little bit more than regular production, so we don't have to worry a great deal.

Back