Diesel Fuels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually use Shell - missus shops at Coles and can sometimes get really good discounts. Last Thursday they had a special offer - spend $150 and get 30 c/litre off. Saved me $17 on a tank full. Never had any problems with the fuel.

I just got my car back from nissan last week after picking up a bad tank of fuel. I'm guessing it had algae in it, which choked the filter up bad and lined the tank.

The fuel itself seemed clean but the shit in the tank said otherwise. Driving around town was fine but on the highway try and load it up at about 2800rpm and it would drop in power big time and surge and carry on. What additives are people running to clean their systems, I think mine needs it now.

-Tyler

There is chemicals, an algaecide that will kill the bug in in your tank- dead. Have used such a thing years ago in a marine situation, that done the trick but cant remember what it was. May be do a search "diesel fuel algaecide". Should turn up something.

ill have a search and see what I can find. thanks mate. I went and got a bottle of the chemtech diesel power up this afternoon to run in it. Nissan dropped the tank out and cleaned it all the inside of the tank. I'm hoping it hasn't settled in the tank and with the new additive I wont have anymore dramas.

now to research a pre-filter set up for it also.

-Tyler

I usually use Shell - missus shops at Coles and can sometimes get really good discounts. Last Thursday they had a special offer - spend $150 and get 30 c/litre off. Saved me $17 on a tank full. Never had any problems with the fuel.
My Nav (ZD30) runs the best on shell fuel, gets about 30km more to a tank than caltex as well.

Howdy all ! Dumped tank - no water no signs of it ever being there either . Washed and flushed lines, pump etc new filters "standard and cav" - thankfully I installed that when I purchased ...
Of the mind the filters are the breeding ground for this bug thing - been told F10 from W.A is the goods, mine and army are known to use this as well ! Thing is it's only available in W.A !!

I was recommended F10 by a few mates when I first got a diesel.. They all swear by it as "the product"..

I've ran it through the Navara (in a large shot to clean injectors), my V8 SSv and my V6 Adventra.

The Adventra seemed to gain the most from it.. Was noticably easier to start, and better on fuel..

I am sure if you guys need any, there are more than enough of us WA boys here that could get it across to you...

It's made locally here in Wangara... Info here: http://www.ictproducts.net/product_information/f10_fuel_treatment.html

I normally get it at either shell or Caltex. My neighbour used the diesel from a united / liberty and it clogged his filter.

AHH thanks blackoutlaw danm kind of ya'! I have 40lt of this black shite and it would be great to see if it is actually this "bug" and what happens to it by using "f10"!

I'd Still I'd like to get a sample to port melb diesel labs and see what they say it is !

Wouldn't you know it - It shows up in the cav filter glass bowl as I was getting the injectors and timing chain kit put through it ! They say it can multiply it self every 20sec in the right environment once you have it - I'm betting the Caltex on bass hwy cnr Soldiers Rd Bass on the way towards Melb.. Where I filled up on the way to Warrigul .. Well at least I know the tank is clean ! I will be adding the oil and chemtec cleaner for now - would love to give her a dose of the f10 just in case the bug is hiding some where ,')

So yes b.o.law put me down for 1lt to start with ! Thanks to all for you words of wisdom too guys ! great help . I'll post some pics once I work out a import "bug" with the lap top...

how do we go about getting some outlaw, cheers zed

i use fuel doctor every tank as well. seen it on this forum and a couple of cane farmers that i know swear by it for keeping the fuel clean and the bug out

Hi all. I use Caltex vortex all the time and run chemtec diesel power in every tank. I started using the chemtec because when I do a cold startup I get a very erratic idle. Not rough just up and down and a white smoke haze out of the exhaust and it smells very strong to the point you can't stand near the car or your eyes will start to water. Could this be fuel or something like a leaking injector. Any thoughts.

I'd like to know what people mean by cold start?? I know what it means but what temps are we looking at. I started the D40 in -7 last week and run idle no different to when in summer at 17. So much more pick up in -7 tho.

I'd like to know what people mean by cold start?? I know what it means but what temps are we looking at. I started the D40 in -7 last week and run idle no different to when in summer at 17. So much more pick up in -7 tho.

I just mean the first start of the day. No engine temp. If I go up the road then restart its ok after it warms up.

I just mean the first start of the day. No engine temp. If I go up the road then restart its ok after it warms up.

Are ok. If it was a petrol I'd say injectors could be same with Diesel. For the smell tho interesting.
Personal I found not a lot of different in diesel other then vortex something doesn't feel right and seem to get less to a tank. Haven't yet been game to try 7/11. I always use Shell as that what Nissan used, and is near work or sometimes BP as it near home. Wasn't sure about Shell as I wont touch there petrol.

Hi all. I use Caltex vortex all the time and run chemtec diesel power in every tank. I started using the chemtec because when I do a cold startup I get a very erratic idle. Not rough just up and down and a white smoke haze out of the exhaust and it smells very strong to the point you can't stand near the car or your eyes will start to water. Could this be fuel or something like a leaking injector. Any thoughts.

White smoke means unburnt fuel. It can be caused by a sticking injector (most likely). DPF-equipped vehicles won't see this from cold starts because regens don't start until the engine coolant temp rises above 85C (apart from other factors like 1500rpm+, 50% engine load etc).

I'd run something other than Chemtech through it and see if it improves things.

Good reason for the extra oomf - the intercooler is much more efficient when the ambient temperature is low.

Thanks Tony. I ran the fuel all the way down and filled it with Shell tonight but did use the chemtech again. I will see how this goes then try something else if it doesn't fix the problem. What would you suggest instead of the chemtech. I stopped using shell fuel a while ago because it seamed to feel down on power but it just could have been running smoother than with the Caltex.

Thanks for the reply, cheers.

Thanks Tony. I ran the fuel all the way down and filled it with Shell tonight but did use the chemtech again. I will see how this goes then try something else if it doesn't fix the problem. What would you suggest instead of the chemtech. I stopped using shell fuel a while ago because it seamed to feel down on power but it just could have been running smoother than with the Caltex.

Thanks for the reply, cheers.

Maybe also try not use chem-tech one time.

Latest posts

Back