Diesel Fuels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe also try not use chem-tech one time.

Yeah it's the reason that I started to use it. So it will probably still do it even if I stop using it. Like I said to, it only dose it on start up when not at operating temp and the idle is up and down but not running rough just revs go up and down. But if he heat switch is on its ok. ??

Yeah it's the reason that I started to use it. So it will probably still do it even if I stop using it. Like I said to, it only dose it on start up when not at operating temp and the idle is up and down but not running rough just revs go up and down. But if he heat switch is on its ok. ??

D40s don't have heat switchers. So I'm now stumped

It's just a switch on the dash that brings the revs up to heat up the engine faster in cold weather.

Chemtech is reputedly very good, large fleets use it - but maybe you could try something like Wynns Diesel System Treatment.

I was using Nulon injector cleaner but it can't be bought in a bulk size to use all the time. And the large chemtech has the measuring cup on the bottle. What about a dud glow plug or them not getting hot enough at startup. I have never had one give me a problem before so I don't know what happens when they fail.

Cheers.

I think I have a glow plug out, when very cold it cranks over for much longer until it fires but once running it's the same as as when all the plugs were all working, if I double glow it helps.
The idle is always steady too, I don't think they affect the idle too much, I've only noticed during this winter, when the days are warmer it fires pretty easily.

I'm not sure about the glow plugs. Tomorrow morning I'll go out and just fire the engine up without waiting and see what happens. Trouble is, my DPF will catch pretty much anything the engine decides to spit out (including excess valve guides, camshaft bearings, gudgeon pins etc) so I might not see "white smoke".

HMMM just had the injectors done on mine and it's still puffing the white smoke on start up and is very fume'y with a slight haze to it ? Soooo she's over fuelling ? yes? how do you fix that ? cheers guys -zed!

Dose your idle go up down aswell mate. I'm seeing how this tank of shell goes. On startup this morning it was ok, so I will have another go in the morning and see what happens.

Ah well it's not the fuel I was using. It did it again today. Started it up at about 10:30 this morning and the idle was up and down, not rough like a miss but revs go up and down. It's got me thinking glow plugs maybe?

I started mine without waiting again on an 8C morning and it just happily fired and kept going, not a wisp of smoke.

I'd be wondering about the heat switch, Navmania.

I started mine without waiting again on an 8C morning and it just happily fired and kept going, not a wisp of smoke.

I'd be wondering about the heat switch, Navmania.

All the heat switch dose tho is bring up the revs to heat up the engine faster and when that is on and the revs are up it idles fine, but when at normal idle it fluctuates and has its little smoke. Maybe that's what the switch is for? Computers and diesels should never have been put together. It just puts the most reliable with the most unreliable.

You guys all crack me up!!!
Diesel is diesel and they vary from state to state.
Generally the only difference is the additive at the truck fill stand.
If your in victoria there are only 2 refineries with previsions to import.
Shell do strip the sulfer out better than mobil, but the end product is very similar.
Carltex are fuel sluts in vic but generally are using shell fuel.
Apco same plus import some fuels.
And BP is bought from mobil with there additives added to truck. (Opposite in QLD.)
7 eleven is mobil.
Also this time of year in vic you find more detergent coz of the cold.
Work out in your state what refineries you have and it will be one of them. They ALL sell to each other especially if part process shits itself or goes off spec.
Or imported like shell clyde is going in sydney.

Shell do strip the sulfer out better than mobil, but the end product is very similar.
And BP is bought from mobil with there additives added to truck. (Opposite in QLD.)
7 eleven is mobil.
Work out in your state what refineries you have and it will be one of them. They ALL sell to each other especially if part process shits itself or goes off spec.

So the base product may be the same but the way its handled and how much crap gets added to it (ethanol), the condition of the tanks its stored in, its age, etc etc. all this is what makes it different. So it's not all the same in the end.

7 eleven is mobil.

Next thing you'll be saying is petrol is petrol.

Latest posts

Back