Diesel Leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greesie

Reaction score
Hey,
great site!!

first post ive done here, just got myself a d22 navara, only thing is it was licenced in nt, so had to take her over the pits. no problems getting over except guy noticed the side of engine with injector pump on it was damp with "oil" ive looked closer and its just diesel, pretty sure it may be coming from a hose coming of the back of the injector pump. i tightened two up but the other two i cant reach, is it likely to be these or does anyone know of another spot likely to leak?

cheers

I don't know the answer to you question but welcome to the forums anyway.

I'm sure someone will throw some ideas your way before long.

cheers krafty, yeah hopefully, i cleaned the engine real good and let it run for 10 min and can see a drip forming right behind the rear main but pretty sure its running somewere below injector pump so hopefully its just a loose hose and not a rebuild...

Last edited:
Turned out to be injector pump, also needed new wiring harness for injector pump...anyone know what seems reasonable for rebuild, got quotes from 1100-3000.

How old is it, there has been a few people talk about rebuilds in D22's but I think prices have varied depending on age. You could try searching for rebuild and see what comes up, but the prices may not be that recent.

cheers, had abit of a search and cant find alot,its an 04 zd30, ended up going with united fuel injection they said its gonna be 1200 so hope it goes all good and no more problems haha
do you no or heard of any modifications might be worth doing while its all apart?

I reckon the pump would be about $1800 rebuild to $2200.

Labour removing and installing it ain't gonna be cheap either.

PM Nizzbits about the price of a new pump and sell yours to a diesel workshop.

Dave.

Dave's the ZD30 expert (among other things), I'd suggest what he's just suggested above would be pretty good advice.

(I'm trying to follow your lead on post counts Dave)

Could even just be a seal on the back of the pump, either way its gonna be a bitch to get to.

Good luck old mate, cheers Krafty. Can always count on you for a good rap.

Dave.

alright, cheers for the advise, Ill give nizzbits a message and see what he says.

Thanks for help guys

Latest posts

Back