Diesel Power Chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try again as i need glasses

Attachments

• img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 104
  • img12.jpg
    img12.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 96
wheres my walking stick LOL

its a pity they don't have any data for the low rpm's, that would be good to see.
the DPchips and exhaust certainly looks like it makes it go like a real diesel. you can see the 3k power band in the stock graph. the chip brings in some power down low.

do you have EGR blocked off ?

No mate, don't have the EGR blocked off, but i am thinking about it. While i have got your attention, i was putting the EGT in but the bl**dy fitting into the dump pipe is different, and also how hot/warm does the cable get, as the only place i have to run the cable is through the plug above the 2 heater hoses in the firewall, but i already have 2 sets of twin wiring going through the plug.

cheers,

Lance

don't know about either i'm afraid. mines still waiting for a rainy day when the workshop is empty. i'm actually looking at fitted it into the exhaust manifold via the egr port.

with mine i put a diesel power chip on, and that day the truck running stock was 104rwhp and 640lbs of torque, look at the after figures.
dynorun2.jpg

Has anyone with a dp or tunit chip played around with the settings? I currently have mine on 7, like Lance, but am interested to see what people found when going to different settings.

I've heard 4 and below helps with economy, where as the higher settings give more power and torque. Also heard the higher you go, the higher in the rev range the power comes on.

Also, has anyone had a laptop tune(not a lap dance)? What were the results?

Hi guys,

I finally made a decision between the gas and chip, since no one would do the gas in Vic. i went the DPchip ( dyno ) and 2.75" mandrel bend exhaust with dump pipe and cat. My first original quote was $3650 and after many quotes inbetween i ended up getting it for $2760 here in Dandenong, Vic.

Its amazing what a bit of leg work and ringing around can do.

Someone out there was making a hell of a profit.

Friday week is D-day, can't wait

cheers,

Lance
Hey Lance,

Thinking of doing the DieselGas conversion + DPChip + 3inch pipes.

How'd you go with your system last month? Keen to hear.
Cheers, Ben

EDIT::: sorry, still working out this forum stuff. I see you did the Chip + DieselGas conversion. And the results freakin' ROCK !!! I am SO doing this to my Nav....ahem, when I get one that is..... :p

Last edited:
hey big orse, how much did your tunit chip set u back? i seen the ads for them around and its a toss up between tunit and safari dtronic.

Chip along with the gas is an awesome mod. I'm yet to do a dyno run, but, seat of the pants feeling is unbelieveable. Pulled out of a corner a few days ago and pegged it due to rapidly approaching traffic and it started spinning (it was in second) on a straight, DRY, bitumen road. I kept my foot in it due to the traffic and the lsd kicked in and sideways she went.

I am currently running my chip on setting '9' i have been working my way up from '6' and monitoring EGTs, boost, fuel consumption and looking for black smoke. So far so good everything in order and power is great.

IMHO the chip is a worthwhile mod.

Last edited:
dyno figures

hi guys i have just had the d40 on the dyno again so i finally have some figures with the 2.75 exhaust. sorry to double up as i have placed them somewhwere esle on the site. 100hp standard at the wheels 125 hp with the DP chip and 130hp @ the wheels with DP chip, 2.75 exhaust and KN filter.
however i have just had an 80000klm service and since then the car has been using lots more fuel. just a coinsidence i think but now it is blowing more smoke as well.the guys that fitted the chip and dynoed it pointed out a bit of a knock/rattle under exeleration and also it runs on a bit sometimes after starting so it is looking like injector problems. i have heard rumers that dp chips can damage injectors or injector pumps somehow but i guess i will have to fight nissan and maybe then DP chip to get an answer.:suicide:
i suppose the extra power is worth it

Latest posts

Back