Diligaf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how it was customs that found it in spare parts. If they hadn't, it would still be out there and no one would have realised..l

A mate of mine has a great wall single cab ute. Decked it out for camping with a alloy tray and canopy, and a roof top tent on top. It's probably less than 12 months old and done bugger all kms. last week he was in the Snowy Mountains camping, the fuse box fried, burning out the computer and that was all she wrote. It's been traded in on a 07 Hilux, before it has even been trucked home.

Asbestos, What happens when they go in for servicing or engine work, closed workshop or expensive disposal of contaminated waste, Also the health of the people working on them. Send the vehicles back to china

It's not a good thing but chances are most of us who've lived or worked in buildings older than 25 years have been exposed to more asbestos than there is in the gasket.

I wasn't offering consolation :ha: Just putting it in a little perspective whether people want to agree or not.

It's not a good thing but chances are most of us who've lived or worked in buildings older than 25 years have been exposed to more asbestos than there is in the gasket.

Yes true....but the fact remains, its banned.

Thats true, But theres no need to expose a new generation to it

I'm not suggesting there is however I still think the current generation will be exposed to it in some form and in many cases it will be unknown to them.

Don't get me wrong I'm not supporting GW in doing this but the amount of asbestos exposure in a broken gasket would be so little that it's hardly a huge risk, even a broken gasket wouldn't pose a huge risk. Asbestos related problems are no laughing matter but the fact remains it's not the wide spread concern that some make it out to be.

I'm not suggesting there is however I still think the current generation will be exposed to it in some form and in many cases it will be unknown to them.

Don't get me wrong I'm not supporting GW in doing this but the amount of asbestos exposure in a broken gasket would be so little that it's hardly a huge risk, even a broken gasket wouldn't pose a huge risk. Asbestos related problems are no laughing matter but the fact remains it's not the wide spread concern that some make it out to be.

BUT...its still been banned..

What about where the used gaskets go....have/will they been taken away properly? have/will they be not put in landfill, what about the mechanic doing the job using a scraper to clean gasket material from the head/block...after all, it only take one fibre.

Yeah it's banned in this country and it should have been picked up, I'm not denying that. There is also bans and rules about how to deal with asbestos in the house which get ignored. There is people around the country with broken laundry and garage walls exposing themselves to the possibility of asbestos issues on a daily basis none of it is right and I'm not suggesting it is I'm only suggesting the gasket issues is hardly the huge issue that some make it out to be.

Now it's been brought to the attention hopefully something will be done about it but it still doesn't change the fact that there will be other more riskier exposures to asbestos than a few thousand engine gaskets of which many wouldn't even have been touched in the life of these cars and will now be handled properly because of the recall.

Yeah it's banned in this country and it should have been picked up, I'm not denying that.

yes...

and this thread is not concerned about all Australias other problems atm (like getting wifi radiation exposure in front of my pc),
its just about one issue...which is an issue, great or small..

That's right and I consider it a very small issue and have given my reasons for that consideration.

Latest posts

Back