Doesn't want to start after being stalled

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulschuit81

Reaction score
This only happens after I stall the car, I turn it back on and the revs pick up to idle for 1 second then it just stops as though I have turned it back off. It does this about 3 or 4 times then starts and runs fine and won't do it again until it is stalled again, I have the dealer I bought it off have a look today and they gave no idea it is a Mazda dealer , any ideas guys . Do you think it has something to do with fuel supply being disturbed after stalling????

If you have a search it has been covered before in other threads. I think people put it down to some issue with the nats system (the immobiliser). They found if you turn the key all the way off and then back on it was fine, it must reset the computer or something so maybe give that a try next time...

My old St did that to me a few times but only on the one day when i was out 4wding, and as bods said i did try the key off thing and it seemed to work better then if i just kept trying to hit the key straight away.
BUT my old one did end up getting the suction control valve changed not long after that and i didnt do it to me again My brother in-law now ownes the ute and he hasnt mentioned it to me, and believe me he would be straight on the phone if it did.
Maybe it has something to do with the SCV but im just guessing.

I'd guess it's a fuel issue too, and possibly the SCV (I think it costs about $400) or so. Stalling the vehicle causes the fuel flow to cease quite abruptly and could affect it.

Next time it stalls and doesn't start, pop the bonnet and hit the primer bulb - you should only be able to easily squeeze it no more than 5-6 times. If you can easily squeeze it 10 times, you've more than likely got an air leak - either an overtightened clamp somewhere around the filter, a deteriorated fuel line or the seal inside the filter isn't seated 100% correctly.

when the vehicle stalls are you waiting for the glowplug light to go out before restarting? Correct starting procedure is important with these vehicles and although the engine temp may be up you still have to wait before cranking to allow the ECM to settle and begin reading engine sensors correctly before attempting to start. Otherwise can cause rough running and/or stalling when restarted

Back