YD25 stalls while idling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Raath

Reaction score
After a few seconds of idling it stalls and then maxes out at 1000 revs when i launch, checked obd and got nothing not sure what to do next.

Suction control valve being faulty is a known problem but symptoms don't match.

I don't have that info. I have had it a year and only used it a few times. But I am sure it's a stretched chain now though.

I think I'm OK with the job, but it's the constant earache from the wife telling me I buy sh***y cars.

There could be any number of reasons why it's struggling - poor connections to sensors (dirt/corrosion, often made worse by pressure washing the engine bay), even loose/dirty battery terminals. Cracks in the fuel hoses can allow air into the system (air will enter the hose before diesel will come out) and if that is happening between the filter and the pump there's a good chance the pump is sucking gobs of air. Find this sort of leak by overpriming the system (10-15 good squeezes of the primer). Don't do it over lawn, it'll kill the grass.

Latest posts

Back