Dogs!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha that's even better then the first!!

My dog is similar, he likes to sit in puddles. When I run him through the rain he makes it his priority to find the biggest puddles around and just lay in them. I wonder about him sometimes haha

JustAl's boy sure does love the puddles!

Here's my boy Hawk after a day on the tracks with the VNOG forum meet up.

Attachments

• VNOG Dec 2010 030.jpg
    VNOG Dec 2010 030.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 102
My dog 'REX' is a miniture Dacshund x mini Foxie.
Picked him up as a give away during a work trip to Goondiwindi about 5 years ago.
He thinks he's four foot taller than he really is, he wondered up the street a few months back and stood up to a full grown Rottie. I thought this is gonna be a big Vet bill but the Rottie backed down and ran away with his tail between his legs with Rex telling him off.

Attachments

• 100_0380.jpg
    100_0380.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 93
His name isn't Scooba-Doo, is it?

LOL... I'll keep that one in mind for the next one.

My dog 'REX' is a miniture Dacshund x mini Foxie.
Picked him up as a give away during a work trip to Goondiwindi about 5 years ago.
He thinks he's four foot taller than he really is, he wondered up the street a few months back and stood up to a full grown Rottie. I thought this is gonna be a big Vet bill but the Rottie backed down and ran away with his tail between his legs with Rex telling him off.

Aw his cute... I also have a Mini Fox X Jack Russle, and she's the same. Think's she's 6'4" and will have ago at anything. She's bloody funny sometimes!

Hawk is a big boy!

Last edited:
Attached is couple of pictures of Pint and a friend's dog, Peanut.

Peanut was purchased from a pet shop as a "Staffy X Ridgeback". We reckon the pet shop is full of shit, what do you lot see in him? I won't voice my opinion just yet. He is an extremely well tempered dog who loves a good cuddle and gets along with all other dogs, including Pint who is very picky with his friends. Here is a major clue: he gets pink eyes and nose when his tired or excited.

Pint came with me up to the Malle (Northern Vic Country) at Christmas time, and had a ball chasing rabbits, swimming in dams and looking confused at sheep and cattle on my uncle's neighboring farms.

Attachments

• 19112010102.jpg
    19112010102.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 19112010101.jpg
    19112010101.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 104

Peanut was purchased from a pet shop as a "Staffy X Ridgeback". We reckon the pet shop is full of shit, what do you lot see in him? I won't voice my opinion just yet. He is an extremely well tempered dog who loves a good cuddle and gets along with all other dogs, including Pint who is very picky with his friends. Here is a major clue: he gets pink eyes and nose when his tired or excited.

Pint came with me up to the Malle (Northern Vic Country) at Christmas time, and had a ball chasing rabbits, swimming in dams and looking confused at sheep and cattle on my uncle's neighboring farms.

I reckon the cross could be right. He certainly has staffy markings and both staffies and ridgebacks can carry the brown/red nose gene. Our lates RR puppy has a brown nose (sometimes referred to as liver) - and both parents are black nose. With a brown nose comes the red/brown around the eyes. The red/brown can turn to pink after excercise.

Brown is the term used in ridgebacks, but in staffies I believe they refer to it as red. It is not brown as you would see on a chocolate lab.

I have attached a pic of a brown nose ridgeback (Who is a son of my boy Buzz - see avatar).

Other thought could be staffy x viszla.

Having said all that - I'm open to any other thoughts.

Attachments

• 30648_535.jpg
    30648_535.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 61
I reckon the cross could be right. He certainly has staffy markings and both staffies and ridgebacks can carry the brown/red nose gene. Our lates RR puppy has a brown nose (sometimes referred to as liver) - and both parents are black nose. With a brown nose comes the red/brown around the eyes. The red/brown can turn to pink after excercise.

Brown is the term used in ridgebacks, but in staffies I believe they refer to it as red. It is not brown as you would see on a chocolate lab.

I have attached a pic of a brown nose ridgeback (Who is a son of my boy Buzz - see avatar).

Other thought could be staffy x viszla.

Having said all that - I'm open to any other thoughts.

He does look similar to Son-of-Buzz.

The picture doesn't show how big his paws and head is, his only 8 months old! I'm thinking his got some Pitbull in him, some of the moves he does whilst playing with other dogs are pure pitbull. His colours and markings are also that of some breeds of Pitbull. Not to mention the size of his head haha.

We don't want to take him down to be gene tested just in-case he does have some sort of pitbull in him.

I met some viszla's up in the Malle at Christmas, beautiful dogs.

Do you have any pictures of your mob working??

i got 2 labs and they are just the best!

kobi is 4 years old and is the white one
Charlie is 2 and the black one

i needed a few things "LAB" tested on my sprinter before i put the motor back in so i called in the lads

Lab1.jpg

Lab2.jpg

they spend way to much time in the back yard which is why im wanting to get a nav, cant wait to start getting them out camping and down the beach more. just to hard with a small car.

also started a bit of bike joring with the boys last year, SOOO much fun and is a great way to connect and spend time with my boys.

do you think they could pull a nav out of a bog when it gets stuck???............

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSs4AuZpgu4[/yt]

cheers!

yeah they took to it fairly quickly! we have been on a few 10km + rides which is awesome. but the beautiful thing about a video is i can edit all the bits out where they dont listen to me or get tangled up ha ha

its a bit hot now to do it so will have to wait till it starts to get cold again

we only do it for fun im not overly interested in winning any competitions, but its the best fun and they just absolutely love it, i cant take my bike out for a ride any more with out them havving a massive hissy fit and barking at me

i cant take my bike out for a ride any more with out them havving a massive hissy fit and barking at me

Haha mine is the same with my camping gear. As soon as he sees the esky and swag being packed he gets really excited.

Very cool Tim.
My old Border Collie would meet me out the back of school and pull me home when I was a kid. I can't do that with Kody now due to his elbows but we swim together instead.

5329427475_95cb9bca8f_b.jpg

I've got a white Golden Retriever, Olly, who's 2 and a bit. Yesterday was out cutting some firewood. Filled up the 6x4 trailer and the Nav's tub with wood, and had the back seat full with the chainsaw, fuel cans and bar oil. So Olly was going in the front. Drove over from the fallen tree to the paddock gate, letting Olly run along. Stopped at the gate and here's Olly frantically wagging his tail, very pleased with himself that he's found some fresh cowshit to roll in. Needless to say, the windows were down all the way home!

I've got a white Golden Retriever, Olly, who's 2 and a bit. Yesterday was out cutting some firewood. Filled up the 6x4 trailer and the Nav's tub with wood, and had the back seat full with the chainsaw, fuel cans and bar oil. So Olly was going in the front. Drove over from the fallen tree to the paddock gate, letting Olly run along. Stopped at the gate and here's Olly frantically wagging his tail, very pleased with himself that he's found some fresh cowshit to roll in. Needless to say, the windows were down all the way home!

They love that grot eh? ;)

My old Border Collie & Kelpie found a rotting sheep carcas on a hillside once and in their haste to roll in it kept on rolling down the hill. I was laughing so hard I couldn't tell them to stop!

Peanut was purchased from a pet shop as a "Staffy X Ridgeback". We reckon the pet shop is full of shit, what do you lot see in him?

looks like a pit to me, I've had a few over the years and used to show them.

My old Border Collie & Kelpie found a rotting sheep carcas on a hillside once and in their haste to roll in it kept on rolling down the hill. I was laughing so hard I couldn't tell them to stop!

Haha that's gold!!

Awesome photo's Al.

When I was in the Malle at Christmas, Pint decided to chase his tennis ball into a dam. Pint not being a swimmer, was really surprised when he leapt straight into a 6' deep damn. Once he worked it out, he didn't want to leave!

looks like a pit to me, I've had a few over the years and used to show them.

Do you mean an American Staff - didn't think Pitty's could be registered with the ANKC so therefore can't be shown.

Back