Dp chips who's got what?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know that. Thanks guys. Anyone got a rough $$$ figure on a steinbauer chip and are they getting good power figures out of the YD25 motor.

they are about $1400, sunnycoaster has one in in a 2.5 D22 with 3" exhaust and said it gave it heaps more power.

Are these fitted and tuned or are they plug and play as well. I know they are more involved to fit, more connections etc. but are they pre tuned like the chipit's and DP's or is it a dealer fit and tune type deal.

I believe they can up the tunes slightly if you let them know that you have a larger exhaust, like I know they have tunes for beaudesert exhausts.

Who normally sells these chips. Any recommendations for a place in Sydney that can get the job done. They sound like the way to go. Thanks for the info guys.

around 120kw and 380nm on the dyno. fuel maps can be modified and there is also a small dial in the back of the steinbauer that you can also fiddle with to give you a little extra mumbo. round 1400 bucks will get you one. I purchased mine off gumtree for 500 its only 12 months old and the wty is transferrable.

I just want a chip that will allow me to fix my lack of torque in my 3.0L with the 3 inch exhaust below 2000rpm. Sick of it being shit down low hahaha

Steinbauer is the only one I would buy, they all do the same though on the ZD30, its never going to be a race car though, just don't get a roo systems lol...

I just never read of steinbauer chips ****ing up.

Has anyone running a Steinbauer increased boost pressure, is their any need and by how much. I would be happy with a bit more than standard D40 figures. I want it to remain as reliable as possible so I would rather achieve more from better inter cooling, exhaust etc. I am already running a Beaudesert 2.3/4. I think chipit are claiming 110 rear wheel HP so if those figures of 120Kw are rear wheel that's pretty dam good out of the steinbeauer.

Last edited:
Your a tad confused mate that that chipit thing was 110kw at the wheels the steinbauer figure is 120kw at the flywheel in real life the chipit would be around 150kw however that was a standard exhaust with a silly high tune to promote the product everyday driving one would not use that tune if you wan't to increase boost from standard 15psi to about 19psi no problems but the change in performance is minor

steinbauer will be about 85-90kw at the wheels if you get it tuned for the exhaust you have which is D40 territory.

Your a tad confused mate that that chipit thing was 110kw at the wheels the steinbauer figure is 120kw at the flywheel in real life the chipit would be around 150kw however that was a standard exhaust with a silly high tune to promote the product everyday driving one would not use that tune if you wan't to increase boost from standard 15psi to about 19psi no problems but the change in performance is minor

Only going on the dyno sheet I saw on their web site. So don't know about being confused. They are obviously not taking engines out to do engine dyno tests so that figure had to be rear wheel figures. As for the 120kw for the steinbeauer as stated in a previous post, he said it was a dyno figure so only going on what was posted. I don't know where they are getting these figures from that's why I asked the question.

steinbauer will be about 85-90kw at the wheels if you get it tuned for the exhaust you have which is D40 territory.

Sounds good to me. My mate has a D40 and toes the same type of camper I have and more weight and leaves me for dead. So all I need to do is be able to keep up without ringing my navs neck.

Can anyone tell me if the average spill-gate only chip for a zd30 puts any extra load or wear and tear on the fuel system? Ive got one coming in the mail and wondering if there is anything to be concerned with aside from egts. Thanks.

hey mate kwts to h/p confuses all i doubt most "claims"by chip manufacturers are correct every dyno will give a differn't story just remember you have the best chip/exhaust combo for that little donk sure other chips put out more grunt most dyno charts are rear wheel hp ,not many dedicated engine dyno's around basicly you lose 33% of hp/kwts via the driveline so your 120kw on the steinbauer site is 33%less at the wheels:shocked:

We got a steinbauer chip with the beaudesert 2.75 exhaust. At first we had issues, kept conking out while accelerating out of 1st gear, esp when towing.... 2850kgs car + 1500kgs camper trailer. Fuel consumption towing 15.65l/100km. Took it back to the mechanic, found the MAF sensor was filthy, probably had never been cleaned, we'd had the 2008 d40 since last oct. Now running sweet as, great power in the lower gears, fuel consumption down to 11.36lt/100kms not towing but fully modded. Sounds friggin awesome, big beefy, throaty diesel!

The only thing that niggles me now is that since the chip/exhaust was installed if we accelerate suddenly in the lower gears we get a thud under the left hand side of the bonnet. Mechanic says nothing to worry about, I'm not so sure. Only happens 1st & 2nd gears around 3000-3500 rpm. Any ideas?

Totally agree about Roo Systems...we tried an exhaust/chip system thru them...utter disaster. Not only did they send the wrong one, they blamed the floor pan of the D40 for it not fitting...sight unseen.. my mechanic said send a new one. Arrived 4 days later...same as the first. Roo wanted to have it customised, I said no, & had rung other mechanics, exhaust centres & Nissan who all said a manual Nav with an auto floor pan excuse is crap. Told this to Roo, got my refund. The exhaust is still waiting to be collected in the mechanics shopfront...6 weeks later. The chip caused the engine to overrev when changing up gears, not good, got that off quick smart. Says a lot for what they think of their product. It's a shame Gleno doesn't spend more time running his business than out gallivanting off road for the dvd's, but then I guess that's what you get when you're beholden to the EMG machine.

Also with Roo, I bought a recovery kit which came minus any shackles, have ph'd them +++, Gleno promised they'd be sent out with a LED bar for my inconvenience...never arrived....another unhappy Roo Systems customer.

Back