E locker

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big zetor

Reaction score
hi just wandering if anyone has fitted the E locker to there d40's yet' as I'm about throw my arb locker in the bin because its just not working right and it's been to arb 5 times now to get it fixed, cheers

Nope
E Locker is an electronic locker. Push a button and the diff locks
Eaton is the brand name and its basically a detroit locker or a TrueTrak but they also do the Elockers
I should have been more specific
Most have gone with a TrueTrac or a Detroit

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/ProductsbyCategory/Automotive/AutomotiveAftermarket/Differentials/PCT_338407

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/ProductsbyCategory/Automotive/AutomotiveAftermarket/Differentials/PCT_338418

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/ProductsbyCategory/Automotive/AutomotiveAftermarket/Differentials/PCT_339903

Same diff as the Nissan Titan

TrueTrac PN is: 913A582

NISSAN
Titan • Truck • Xterra • Frontier
2003-07 Titan M226 1.38” 32 All 913A582(m)
H233 1.25” 31 All 187SL167A
2003-07 Xterra M226 w/manual trans. 1.38” 32 All 913A582(m)
2005-07 Frontier w/M226 option 1.38” 32 All 913A582(m)
(m) All vehicles equipped with OE Electric Locker require modification.

913A582 Detroit Truetrac Limited Slip Nissan Titan Rear
APPLICATION: Nissan Titan Rear
AXLE PLACEMENT: REAR
AXLE SPLINE COUNT:32
SPLINE DIAMETER:1.38"
COVER: 12 BOLT
GEAR RATIO: ALL RATIOS
MODEL:NISSAN M226
RING GEAR DIAMETER:
NOTES: NISSAN TITAN REAR DIFFERENTIAL M226 12 BOLT 2003' TO PRESENT

Package deals available featuring Motive gear performance, AAM American Axle manufacturing and Dana Spicer brand ring and pinion gear sets. Timken master bearing installation kits available also.
The Eaton Detroit Truetrac limited slip differential is a helical gear driven limited slip. The Truetrac is a sealed no maintenance unit, the unit does not require limited slip additive or adjustments and does not have clutches to wear out like a standard factory posi unit. Durable, quiet and smooth operation and engagement.

Did some more reading on the ClubFrontier site and it seems the guys are calling the same unit by both a Detroit and a TrueTrac when in fact it looks like the only part we can get is the TrueTrac

Last edited:
Sweet
Not bad when you consider the manufacturer doesnt advertise an ELocker for the trucks just the TrueTrac.
The Harrop page doesnt say it as such but thats only for Spanish built trucks.I think ( yeah flame on lol ) the Thai truck is a 13 bolt or something. Different from the 12 bolt M226 from the US

what was the problem with your arb locker?? i have heard the air seal can be an issue. mine seems ok so far but only used it on a couple of trips so far. a mate has an eaton e locker in his 100 series and it gets a fair workout with no issues. it does seem a better locker than arb due to its simple engagement..

My $00.02 worth, the simple fact of needing the compressor to engage the locker has turned me off Air lockers, you see guys with the comps in the cab of the ute, way too noisy for me, to much stuffing about.

E lockers are so simple. just turn on and good to go.

Back