EFS or XGS Gold?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
Hi guys first I wanna say thanks for everything I have learnt on this forum in the last 2 weeks. I drive a D22 single cab, I am about to install a 2" Efs suspension kit then someone had suggested the tjm xgs gold range. spec wise it seems to be a little more heavy duty with 1mm extra bore size and piston size than the Efs elite but u can't find any feed back on it anywhere and then price comes into it with a saving of $600 with the EFS... Any advice or experiences will be greatly appreciated.

That's my point.

My shocks were valved,dyno'd and the measurements recorded. I can take them back and have them serviced, re-valved or checked against the original settings. Try doing that with Ironman,etc. Well worth the extra coin IMO, although maybe overly pedantic for the average punter.

G'day and welcome Alphabet. I have run XGS Gold on my D22 for the last few months and found no faults with them. The roads I travel on to and from work (I work for a mine) are ruff as guts and when wet just about unpassable. There are cattle grids to get airbourn over, so to me they have been tried and tested 100%. They have twin walls on the piston to stop wall crush from rocks etc. Hence higher price. I will buy them again if and when they wear out. :cheers!:

What's the bad news on the EFS boss hog, I've got a mate with with a dual cab nav, tows a boat to Fraser on a regular basis and swears by them? I know this all comes down to personal preference and I'm going to have to start somewhere, I just don't want it to be at the bottom!

Thanks for the input Mick, I had almost decided on the efs but now I have found Someone with the xgs, I'm reconsidering especially when fitting the efs on the navs the stone guards have to be removed as they foul up on the chasis!

Thanks for the input Mick, I had almost decided on the efs but now I have found Someone with the xgs, I'm reconsidering especially when fitting the efs on the navs the stone guards have to be removed as they foul up on the chasis!

EFS recommend using the Enforcer shock on the rear to avoid that problem

What clown is tell ing you to buy new shocks & than cut the stoneguards of them ???????

What's the bad news on the EFS boss hog, I've got a mate with with a dual cab nav, tows a boat to Fraser on a regular basis and swears by them? I know this all comes down to personal preference and I'm going to have to start somewhere, I just don't want it to be at the bottom!

They chew through bushes - even after ensuring the vehicle is off the hoist before the final tightening.

I've just had a flick through the efs site and all it says is the dust cover will foul on the chasis, they have recommended the elite for the 300kg constant load to deal with the canopy weight and towing of a boat.

Latest posts

Back