egr blanking help.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J13NST

Reaction score
hi i want to install blanking plate on mine. but i remember someone said about newer model d40 ecu will go in to limp mode if blocked completely. can someone confirm this? also if i drill tiny hall in the middle of plate will this help frm not bugging ecu up?
many thanks

Read the permanent thread at the top of the D40 Engine forum. I asked the same question a few days ago.

It seems some say the hole is needed but more have told me it is not needed. Only one way to find out.

Ill be installing my plate next week (2012 Spain built D40 ST) and will post the results in that thread.

Cheers.

I supplied the plates at one time.
The feed back I got was it is not nessesary to drill.

It's only necessary to drill the hole in the plate if your EGR system has a flow rate sensor in it. That's what the hole is for - to provide enough flow to let the sensor think EGR is flowing. Not all cars have the sensor and as far as I know, the only way to determine if yours does is to blank it off and wait for the ECU to throw the error.

i purchased the blanking plate. only time will tell after i install on mine. so with installation i just remove stock gasket and replace with blanking plate right?
is there certain torque to be applied after installation?

I have a 2013 Navara D40 ST and have put the blanking plate in..

Stopped the smoke when you give it the boot and no limp mode or lights or anything came up.. Easy to do...
No real difference on the pedal.. (Not that it needs it)
Let me know what you think when you install..

It's only necessary to drill the hole in the plate if your EGR system has a flow rate sensor in it. That's what the hole is for - to provide enough flow to let the sensor think EGR is flowing. Not all cars have the sensor and as far as I know, the only way to determine if yours does is to blank it off and wait for the ECU to throw the error.

I want to make a technical correction to this: there's no flow rate sensor inside, but the presence of EGR is calculated by the ECU through other sensors.

i purchased the blanking plate. only time will tell after i install on mine. so with installation i just remove stock gasket and replace with blanking plate right?
is there certain torque to be applied after installation?

I installed mine yesterday and re-used the standard gasket on the intake (upstream) side. Not sure if that was the right thing to do...
The bolts were pretty tight to start with, so I torqued them to 'pretty tight' after install. I had to loosen both ends of the EGR pipe to get the plate in.

No error codes so far, and the turbo does seem to spool up quicker. Most noticeable at low speeds.

done mine as well yesterday. yep definitely noticeable. car feels smoother ride. hasn't thrown any code yet after 150km driving. glad that i installed this.

Latest posts

Back