EGR info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradm84

Reaction score
While servicing the Navara today, I had the EGR tube off closest to the drivers side battery. I had it off to see what was in there, I'm waiting for a blanking plate to turn up.

I noticed inside the hole on the engine it appears to be blocked already by something. Is that how it is supposed to be? I am thinking that it looks like a valve that must open and close so is not actually blocked but just the valve is closed when the car is off. Am I right about that?

I've attached a photo, it's not the easiest to see the part I'm talking about cause its so dirty in the hole.

Also I should only need just one blanking plate to put in or will I have to block it at the other end too?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415440439363.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415440439363.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 125
Yes, that is the egr valve. That is what controls how much egr gets fed back into the motor. You can get a blanking plate for the other side of that to remove the part that protrudes into the manifold that feeds the egr in

Thanks mate. Will be good to get the blanking plate in there to stop all that stuff getting into the engine. Hopefully it stops (or at least reduces) the smoke that the car blows on take off...

Can't say I've ever noticed much smoke at all from mine. Had the egr cooler blanked off for close to 50k km now and did the egr inlet tube blank a few months ago and seems to spool a bit quicker on takeoff than it did even with having the original blanking plates in

Hey Bods, you mention blocking the inlet side works better.
The tube that I took off in the pic and plan to block off, is that the cooler you are talking about?

What is involved with blocking the other side? Just a different shapes blanking plate to put somewhere else?

Nah, the egr cooler is the tube that runs across the front of the motor with the 2 coolant lines on it. I blocked both ends of that to start with. Then the egr inlet tube has 4 bolts and sits at the back of the actuator, on the motor side of your picture. Yd25.com.au does the blanking plate for that, a solid bit of steel plate to block the whole lot off.

Partly why I blocked the cooler at both ends is just in case the coolant side lets go it won't fill the inlet manifold or turbo with coolant....

Latest posts

Back