EGT sensor recall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i got the letter from Nissan for this. how urgent is it? im about 2000km from the 20,000 service. i only got the car in February so i dont think it will be too long before i clock the 2000kms. should i wait or do it anyway.

These vehicles definitely do have 3 EGT sensors. a lot of late model YD engines do. Its the EGT sensor closest to the turbocharger that is failing and has been recalled. This has been call EGR sensor by a lot of people on the forum. Maybe people will believe me now!!

My mate with a 2012 pathfinder just had that sensor replaced along with his desinergrated Turbo

My mate with a 2012 pathfinder just had that sensor replaced along with his desinergrated Turbo

so steve did he went in for recall and nissan decided to check turbo and replaced it?
or did his turbo desinergrated and changed the sensor while turbo was getting swapped?

If you've got a method of querying the ECU (eg OBD BT port + Torque Android app) have a look at the response to Mode 1 PID 78 and PID 79. It should return a bunch of data that changes as the engine gets loaded up (it's a complex, special pair of PIDs that define the sensor type and two bytes that represent the temperature calculated in the normal fashion of 256*A+B-40 to give it a range of -40C to 6513C.

I tried this with my Torque App Old Tony but unless I'm typing something wrong it keeps coming back as sensor not recognized.

It's possible Nissan aren't using the standard PIDs for EGT - they've done it before.

What a shame, it's a perfect and cheap EGT gauge.

I wouldn't mind a play with a late 2012 D40 for a couple of hours with my Torque app, I'll query all of the PIDs and work out where the EGT actually is together with the formula needed to display the temperature accurately. If the sensor is there and the ECU is using the information, then it ought to be available.

I wonder if I could twist Lladnar's arm during a BBQ ...

ok recent month i had issue with car going in limp mode. told me it was egr sensor back then. which has been updated to new upgraded part. we call part B, apparently this recall is that recall. apparently eventhough mine has been changed to new one already but they have to do it again since it was raised up by australia. that outfrom my local dealer. oh well new sensor forme lol

i think this was related to cars to late 2012 to early 2013. in my knowledge there were handful of us on forum who already got upgraded sensor.

Last edited:
So I took my nav in to Nissan to get my bull bar fitted yesterday and they ring me back sayin I have an outstanding recall (EGT sensor) that hasn't been done so they took the liberty of doing it without asking/telling me. Apparently they snapped some bolts and don't have any replacements so had to go another day without my car!
Mine is a 04/2010 model though. Is this recall even relevant to my car?
Oh and they couldn't fit my bull bar either which makes me think they hav no f***ing idea what they are doing!

I rang my dealer and mine needs to go in for recall, but I never received a letter, great job Nissan. No one has yet said if they removed the EGR mod plate yet, before taking car in? Mines booked for Friday.

mines booked in Thursday for sensor recall cant be bothered taking plate out will let you know if they pick up on it,

I still haven't gotten around to having the towbar inspection done. Haven't received a letter about the EGR valve. Mine is blanked tho. Oh well, wait and see.

I rang my dealer and mine needs to go in for recall, but I never received a letter, great job Nissan. No one has yet said if they removed the EGR mod plate yet, before taking car in? Mines booked for Friday.

Mine was done today with the EGR plate in and not a word was said.
I dont think they would spend a single second on the car then what they were told to do.

That's the thing with dealer technicians. They follow a recipe - there's one guy at Klosters who has some nouse but I think the rest of them just follow the instructions provided.

When replacing the EGT sensor - which is a probe around in the exhaust manifold - there won't be any need to undo the EGR pipe on the intake side, the instructions won't say it's necessary and so they won't go anywhere near it.

For most situations, that's actually a GOOD thing. A large number of problems are fixed quickly and easily (and properly) by following Nissan's recipe. We see a greater proportion of "out of the ordinary" problems here, because ordinary ones are fixed so quickly there's no need to talk or complain about them (remembering that forums are magnets for complaints).

So we SEE a high proportion of those odd issues that aren't covered, but it doesn't mean that Nissan's "big picture" is unsatisfactory. All manufacturers would be like that these days - it guarantees consistency, and predictability.

And the dealers would have to make sure their techs are following the recipe - because if they don't, Nissan may NOT pay the bill (because Nissan needs that consistency).

i got mine done wth egr plate fitted. they didnt mention a thing about it.. mine had fitted with upgraded sensor due to limp mode however because it was recall they did it again.

Mine was done today with the EGR plate in and not a word was said.
I dont think they would spend a single second on the car then what they were told to do.

i got mine done wth egr plate fitted. they didnt mention a thing about it.. mine had fitted with upgraded sensor due to limp mode however because it was recall they did it again.

Thanks all and Old.Tony great to hear!

My car just failed over weekend with engine light coming on. Into Nissan on Monday and they told me the EGT had failed, quoted $500 to fix. Luckily I stumbled across this site before I committed to the repair. So I rung them back and they apologised, admitting it was a known fault and would now be replaced under warranty. Idiots, probably didn't even run it through to start with to check. Thank you guys and for the guy who scanned in the actual recall notice, saved me $500 and I have now signed up to this to keep my car in check. Anyone in Australia who as a 2010 Spanish like me should take theirs into an Aussie Nissan Dealer and get it fixed before it strikes in the middle of nowhere.

Latest posts

Back