Electric traction control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I have had my ST out a few times since this thread was started and after watching your video of D40Daveo's Nav and taking your advice onboard, I tried changing my driving style to suit the "traction control" system or ABLS.
Well it is time for me to eat a big slice of humble pie because it is truly amazing where it will go and actually how comfortably it actually does it.
Especially compared to my 2010/11 ST its chalk and cheese, when you just "keep at it" (as you say) it will climb out of places my old one just never would of.
I have got some video of it doing the "power lines" and "pipeline" tracks at Lithgow yesterday and i just would not of made half of those tracks in my old nav and in fact there was a new Hilux on "pipeline" that stopped so many times on the first quarter he gave up and asked if we would like a try, we said for sure and just cruised passed him much to his disappointment, :ha:

Any way thanks for posting that video and pointing out to this little dumb dumb and so called Nissan salesmen and service experts that the 2012 ST D40 does in-fact have traction control to all four wheels and NOT just the rear.

Cheers 4x4 STR
Regards,
Nathan

Cheers mate. Your thanks is appreciated.

I'm glad I stumbled across the thread and was able to share with you guys what I had seen the D40 do. And now because of that, you and others can get a whole lot more out of your D40. All D40 owners should me made aware, and D22 owners (like me) should be worried about your new found capability.

Cheers mate. Your thanks is appreciated.

I'm glad I stumbled across the thread and was able to share with you guys what I had seen the D40 do. And now because of that, you and others can get a whole lot more out of your D40. All D40 owners should me made aware, and D22 owners (like me) should be worried about your new found capability.

haha yeah my mate in the 80 series said i should sell it as some sort of fancy ECU program to those who dont know they have it, then once i have "fitted it" show them how to use the "new system" they just bought :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back