Engine light problem?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys. Driving yesterday the engine light came on again. The other week it was due to shit fuel. Tank was cleaned and new filter installed. This time it came on, car seemed to loose a little power. Pulled over and turned the car off and back on, light has not come back on since where as last time it stayed on. I tried to drain the fuel filter but nothing came out? Then I primed it till hard to push. After a short wait the primer goes soft again? Is this normal? Checked fuel lines and they all seem fine? What other reasons would the engine light come on and then not come on again? MAF sensor? Will take it back to the mechanics Monday. It still starts and drives fine also.

Being able to switch then engine off and having the light disappear when it comes back on I think indicates it's not terminal but obviously still a pain in the arse.

You need a code reader of some sort, 2006 is too early to connect something like a Scanguage isn't it? I know there are some iphone apps that do it but you still need OBDII for all of them I think.

Hey Krafty, I was thinking the same, about it turning of after a restart. Hopefully it's an easy fix as I've got a trip coming up. Never thought I'd bother getting a scan gauge or code reader, but it would be bloody helpful right now. Might be a Christmas present to myself now. Do scangauge tell you the problem as well as the code? Pretty sure 2006 isn't too early for them, never looked into them though.

Dave either bought or gave away a Scanguage because of his 2006, so it might be worth waiting for him to come out of the woodwork before you jump on a purchase.

Scanguage tells you the code and there is a list on the net of the codes, some are right some are wrong but it can be a help some times.

Screwed net seems to be common around here lately I'm hearing a lot of people are having problems, thankfully though I can't fix ISP and line problems so I'm not doing myself out of business by being busy on the farm.

Noworries. Will wait and see. Just relised I can't spell engine in the thread name, bloody iPhone.lol. From what I just read it could be a number of problems. I hate having to wait to solve problems, stresses me out when I can't just do it straight away.lol. Think my net is down as my modem/router is a piece of shit which they supplied, finely died I think. Friend up the road is on the same plan and his is fine.

My net went out 30 seconds after I posted the message, talk about bloody ironic.

The storms lately have knocked a few modems out, I replaced 2 on Monday.

I sold my scangauge to Jason as it wouldn't work on the non CRD ZD30.

I bought a similar sort of thing, just trying to remember where I bought it.

Ill fix the thread title to.

ECUTalk - Consult LCD Display

Thats the one.

Just tried mine, doesn't work anymore, Ill have to send it back and get it replaced.

Haven't used it in ages though.

Its a handy thing when needed.

Oh and the D22 spec ZD30 doesn't run a MAF sensor.

They only run a MAP sensor.

They rarely give trouble.

How many pumps does the primer take ?

Around 3 is the usual and it should stay hard for a while.

The ZD30's electronic system isn't as complicated as people make out.

Was the pump checked after the shit fuel ?

Sorry guys, didn't get the email that more posts had been made.

Thanks for the info Dave, turns out it was not recording an error code anyway. Just got off the phone to the mechanic.

Had more water in the filter again. Haven't done any river crossings so its not the cause.

The mechanic believes since i got the last tank of water, unless they got every drip out and dried the tank, the water left in the system will slowly build up again, condensation i guess. So he suggested i regularly keep draining the fuel filter over the next few tanks until i stop getting water build up!

Wait and see how it goes. I tried draining the filter but nothing was coming out, asked him why and of course you need to remove a hose first. (should have thought of that, basic physics.lol).

He also said the same as you Dave. Once you prime it and it goes hard, it will eventually go soft again. Said if i had a leak somewhere it wouldn't even prime to start with.

Will reset the computer tonight, keep draining the filter for a few weeks and see how it all goes.

Thanks again for your suggestions guys.

Pete

Well there ya go, I thought someone here once suggested that every time that light comes on a code is recorded, guess that just goes to show you can't trust everything you read on the internet.

ECUTalk - Consult LCD Display

Hey Pete, this will work.

I have one myself.

Ill check them out, thanks Dave.

Well there ya go, I thought someone here once suggested that every time that light comes on a code is recorded, guess that just goes to show you can't trust everything you read on the internet.

Yeah i thought it would have recorded something.

It did last time, but the filter was full of water and clogged with other crum, that light stayed on constant last time to, not go away after restart.

So a small amount of water = no code i guess. Pretty sure he said it had a fair bit of water in it though.

Wait and see how it goes. Heading to Dargo this Friday and its meant to rain for the 2 days, should be interesting.

Can you drag the rain away with you pleeeeeze, we've really had enough of it out on the farm.

Can you drag the rain away with you pleeeeeze, we've really had enough of it out on the farm.

I will help you out there mate. It will follow me for sure, seems everytime i take leave and want to do something it follows me..lol.

Cant promise you it wont leave some of its friends around for you and your farm though.

I know what you mean, it's amazing lately, we still have puddles on the farm we can loose the tractor in.

What are you doing at Dargo, 4wd'ing or hunting?

Latest posts

Back