Engine sizes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
There will probably never be another japanese ute with an engine bigger than 2.9l as I have been told by someone in the industry that it's something to do with emissions no new as of 2016 light vehicle is aloud to have over 2.9l that is why the new Hilux has got a 2.8 and the L200 a 2.4.
Once the current model Ranger and BT50 get updated they to will have to loose there 3.2's hence why they have rushed through the facelifted models now.

I doubt we will loose the 3.2 it's under different rules because of the load capacity. They have only just released the Everest to with the same engine just has adblue. Ranger will end up the same in the comming years.

Rego and insurance in Europe go up significantly with engine size, which is why the trend is for smaller engines while trying to keep output the same.

I gotta say this, who cares about Europe.
If you are towing a trailer or van of some sort, you need some power and I don't trust new smaller motors that are supposed to be "higher torque".
I've always wondered why some people replace their motors with a big chevy diesel motor (I think I got that right) to tow their vans.
So here's a question, I believe there is a V6 Nissan diesel motor in Navara's.
Will it fit the 2003 engine bay ?
cheers

I gotta say this, who cares about Europe.
If you are towing a trailer or van of some sort, you need some power and I don't trust new smaller motors that are supposed to be "higher torque".
I've always wondered why some people replace their motors with a big chevy diesel motor (I think I got that right) to tow their vans.
So here's a question, I believe there is a V6 Nissan diesel motor in Navara's.
Will it fit the 2003 engine bay ?
cheers
Haha. You are correct. The old saying goes "there's no replacement for displacement". It would probably fit, but the fricking around you'd have to do to get the computers all working wouldn't be worth it...

3L V6 is made by Renault, who have a partnership with Nissan. Sort of like a brother-sister company. Its a very good motor. I recon if you twin turbo'ed one it would easily make over 300Hp. Im tempted to put one in my race truck when the Yd25 dies

3L V6 is made by Renault, who have a partnership with Nissan. Sort of like a brother-sister company. Its a very good motor. I recon if you twin turbo'ed one it would easily make over 300Hp. Im tempted to put one in my race truck when the Yd25 dies

This I would love to see.

Latest posts

Back