exhaust + chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex351

Reaction score
Hey guys
Just wondering if anyone has the TaipanXP system on there YD2.5
how does it go?/sound?
they also offer a chip with the system for an extra $1500...does anyone have this as well? is it worth it or just the exhaust is fine on its own?

I also got a quote for beaudesert Exhausts which was cheaper, does anyone have one of there systems? how do they go?/sound?

Cheers

I've had a 3' exhaust on for over a year and i barely touch my brakes.. Always drop the gears to slow down.. Pulls up like every normal vehicle...

Still waiting to be convinced on a chip... Hopefully wont be too long before we can get em fitted for 1k....

Chip express from the uk . $550 delivered. They're all the same

I have a 2.75 from beaudesert exhaust. There's a link to a YouTube file in my garage for the sound.

I reckon I lost some of the exhaust brake feel, but that doesn't worry me too much. Still run down the gears when slowing down and it works fine. Plenty of chip threads around and I don't have one so can't comment

Have fun

Hey guys
Just wondering if anyone has the TaipanXP system on there YD2.5
how does it go?/sound?
they also offer a chip with the system for an extra $1500...does anyone have this as well? is it worth it or just the exhaust is fine on its own?

I also got a quote for beaudesert Exhausts which was cheaper, does anyone have one of there systems? how do they go?/sound?

Cheers

Ive got a TiapanXP + a DPChip fitted to my YD25 got them both fitted at the same time. Runs much better than before, pulls away a lot fast and no longer looses speed on steep hill climbs, tons more torque for off-roading
Its not to loud but it is noticable, turbo spools up quicker EGT is cooler aswell.
Currently got the chip set to 6 or 7 i think. Wouldn't go any higher as it just raises the fuel intake and in the end will start blowing smoke for been to rich.
But its worth it..

Get them both however, just getting the 3" exhaust leaves too little back presure. The chip compensates by adding more power.

Ive got a TiapanXP + a DPChip fitted to my YD25 got them both fitted at the same time. Runs much better than before, pulls away a lot fast and no longer looses speed on steep hill climbs, tons more torque for off-roading
Its not to loud but it is noticable, turbo spools up quicker EGT is cooler aswell.
Currently got the chip set to 6 or 7 i think. Wouldn't go any higher as it just raises the fuel intake and in the end will start blowing smoke for been to rich.
But its worth it..

Get them both however, just getting the 3" exhaust leaves too little back presure. The chip compensates by adding more power.

Sounds good Karlos, Thanks!
Though does the exhaust sound nice? do you get the turbo whistle and the slight "truck" noise? does it drone in the cabin?
Im after a nice note if you know what i mean :)

Last edited:
does it seem worth doing a chip and not the exhaust or is that a waste of money?

scooba_285 said:
does it seem worth doing a chip and not the exhaust or is that a waste of money?

On my last D22 I had a DP Chip fitted with uniflow filter and safari snorkel. I think the chip was set to 3 after being on the dyno. After the exhaust went on the chip was turned up to 6 after being tuned on the dyno again and it made all the other mods come in to affect. Well worth the money spent

I found the Taipan Exhaust that good I have them fit one of there water to air intercoolers, But I have the 3lt D22, Tunit chip, love there exhaust systems 3inch, slight note, turbo spools up from idle

Latest posts

Back