exhaust for YD25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah ok thanks mate, mines Thai built so any system I can get in 3 inch may hit firewall I guess it depends on dump pipe used, I may have to fork out that bit extra for same system as your getting bloody cars costing me a fortune, hopefully will help fuel economy and towing with exhaust, heading up to Darwin then across to the cape in July.

Maybe some brands make the dumps alto better. I honestly have no idea one which ones fit etc. It's a shame Scott's rods stopped making them. They did great systems. Any system you install on these yd25 d22 I think you have to unbolt the turbo. Please correct me if I'm wrong someone?

Maybe some brands make the dumps alto better. I honestly have no idea one which ones fit etc. It's a shame Scott's rods stopped making them. They did great systems. Any system you install on these yd25 d22 I think you have to unbolt the turbo. Please correct me if I'm wrong someone?
i didn't have to unbolt mine to fit beaudesert
skinned my knuckles
swore a lot
consumed several beers
but didn't unbolt turbo

i didn't have to unbolt mine to fit beaudesert
skinned my knuckles
swore a lot
consumed several beers
but didn't unbolt turbo

Ah good, atleast I know I don't have to remove the turbo. Hmmmm hope I can get it installed that same week. How long did it take you to fit?

Beer and skinned knuckles, yep a fair bit of that has gone into my ute also, does the beaudesert system make a difference mate.

probably one of the best mods i have done
lets the engine breathe better
turbo spools up earlier
more low down torque
just allround better to drive
chip next

rusty
it took 4 hrs to get old dump pipe off and new one on
the rest was a walk in the park
i did have car on a hoist and that made it easier
i wouldnt attempt it on ramps

I've got a chipit chip hoping exhaust will further enhance it I should of done exhaust first but anyway exhaust soon.

ChipIt chip and boost controller. Can't wait to have this exhaust in and listen to it purr with the muffler delete installed

webby. i have a scotts rods system with the big dump and high flow cat, was a sqeeze to fit but once fitted there would be at least a inch clearance between the firewall. I only picked mine up just before christmas so that sucks they have stopped building them the quality was right up there.

Tight as all ***********

DSCF7438.jpg

Does hpc really add that much size to the dump pipe that it fouls on the firewall? I thought the heat shield would be thicker than the hpc coat

Navstr, Scotts rods said they could possibly do it if the car was there so they could modify it if need be I live in Sydney so I was after system to fit myself, bit disappointed because I've heard they are good quality at a decent price, far out you don't want it much closer than in that photo looks like it's going to be a mission, may need a full case of beer I think!

according to the guys at beaudesert exhausts you dont need a heat sheild with a steel dump pipe on a d22
they dissapate the heat a lot quicker than the original cast iron dump pipe
mine has no heat shield
3 mths later and firewall is still there
no other signs of heat damage anywhere

Does anyone have a 2012 up model with 3" dump?
My mate with 2012 Thai and myself early 2012 jap are in the market for a custom turbo back system. I'm trying to best confirm the theory jap models have more clearance than Thai... You think I can get a clear answer from anyone. Seriously. Should not be this difficult.

Latest posts

Back