exhaust upgrades

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrage8491

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2014 D40 titanium and was wondering if fitting a free flow exhaust such as Beaudesert exhausts or One from Scotts Rods actually make any difference to power and economy. As I read somewhere that unless you upgrade to a chip as well, an exhaust upgrade wont make any difference.

Yes they make a huge difference.
Have a look on ebay at DEA exhaust they are cheap Australian owned in Vic and a great bit of gear. Around the $550-650 mark.

Be sure to get a muffler though, sounds good and the car runs alot better! Wish I'd done it from the start.

Hey Mike, seen those on eBay and they're located local to me just wondering if you got the one with high flow 100cel cat and high flow muffler or the one with cat delete and high flow muffler?

Don't want it ridiculously loud just better flow with some sound.

Got the cat and muffler mate.
Go see them, I'm sure they'd be happy to fix it for you if you weren't happy. Originally I had no muffler and learnt the hard way the d40 needs one. For 170 I had them post me a direct bolt in muffler

When you say you "learnt the hard way" re the muffler, how so???? Is it too loud without one or does it run like shite. I have just purchased a muffler delete pipe so now I'm worried!!

It ran really bad, boost spiked, was gutless.
If your running a 3" it really needs some muffling somewhere.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the sound! Just don't expect a race car

I took out the muffler left the rest original,economy .5 litre better,louder if you put a window down,down side ... slightly turbo noise if you give it heaps then back off. Same result with 06 and 14 models.

slightly turbo noise??

is that more noise or different or bad noise? do you enjoy it or not?
id be thinking the turbo " ghostly - woooo" noise ( i swear theres a proper name haha) would be louder as its no longer being muffled

i had a 3" with high flow cat and muffler fitted last week on my 06 auto. definitely smoother, but negligible increase in power. nice sound, you can just hear in the cab with the windows up, wouldn't want it louder, as it definitely will drone in the cab

Hi,

Has anyone else removed the muffler and left the rest standard to achieve better fuel economy? I am chasing anything I can get and that wouldn,t cost a lot to have done.

Also where is the CAT? I have a 2010 st Thai Auto with DPF, is the cat part of the DPF? or is it in front of that?

Cheers

Hi,

Has anyone else removed the muffler and left the rest standard to achieve better fuel economy? I am chasing anything I can get and that wouldn,t cost a lot to have done.

Also where is the CAT? I have a 2010 st Thai Auto with DPF, is the cat part of the DPF? or is it in front of that?

Cheers

I had my muffler delete pipe fitted last week. I now have that, the EGR block and a K&N air filter fitted and I'm not sure its just me, but the car drives so much smoother. It just seems to not labour as much and can cruise better in the lower revs.

There isnt much sound difference with the muffler gone, a little more turbo whine on lift off noticeable but no droning etc. TBH I was not liking the Nav much prior to doing it all but since I've done the mods, just drives nicer. Economy has come down from 10.3 to 10.1 so far (according to trip computer) and would be interested to see if it continues to come down.

I have a 2008 D40 auto with the DPF. It has what looks like fuel lines connected into it. Are these fuel lines or what?
If I was to replace the exhaust system what happen with those lines?

Hi Waky.

There the DPF pressure lines. They should be bolted back into the new system.

How evere if you want to eliminate the lines you'll need to follw the lines up to where they join onto the pressure sensor, disconnect them and use a small piece of hose to join 1 side of the pressure sensor to the other side.

You'll also need replacement DPF sensors or a ECU remap to eliminate the DPF regeneration. If you don't you'll get the white smoke issue. Look that one up online. Very common with people who just replace the exhaust the old fashioned way.

Check out my facebook page for these services.

https://www.facebook.com/ECUTuningbyMat

Thanks

Latest posts

Back