Few YD25 issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys/gals

Have a yd25 d22 2009 model with 85000kms and am having some problems diagnosing ongoing issues.

1. Cold start i get a really bad rattle and its in time with rotations/timing and gets louder when you rev but dissappears when warmed. Timing chain or injectors? Someone mentioned a bearing somewhere that is to small or belts need changing/tightening?

2. Car is loud all the time. Yes i know its a diesel but it just sees overly loud compared to ither navaras i have been around. maybe injectors?

3. I have a series of annoyin vibrating rattles from the front left. I think this is the beau exhaust system running across the gearbox cross member. Any other ideas?

Has anyone changed there injectora and had better results in fuel economy or quieter running. I have been hanging out for BDG to realease there blueprint injectors for the yd25.

Rusty

Like Nathan suggests I'd be putting a stethoscope onto the timing housing and having a listen - the sound may not be coming from in there, but if it is, a great deal of the symptoms would be explained - harder starts, rattly noise, might also find it rougher running.

Trying some dri-lube on the belt and see what it does. Might also spray the idler pulley with some silicon lube and possibly even give some spray attention to the alternator (have heard of that a couple of times).

If your exhaust is banging away on part of the cross-member there'll be a shiny spot on it. A torch will help, shined up on the spot by someone on the other side.

If you don't hear rattly chains and don't get any joy from lubing the belts and pulleys (this is actually a serious suggestion) try dropping about half a litre of Castol Activ 2T into the fuel tank and taking it for a drive. If THAT quietens it down, look at injectors or fuel pump.

Ok you guys rock. Did the whole water over belts thing thismorning before the wifey left for gym and work. Dam it made some noise when it started it was annoying. Sprayed some water on the belts and bam no noise just peaceful quiet diesel motor.

So question is now. Do i replace all the belts or just the main 2 or do i just adjust the tension?

Depends on the belt's condition. If there's any glazing on the belt I'd toss it - glazing means it's had a bit of heat and its structure (as a material) has altered, so there'll be a chance of it repeating this on a weekly basis (sorta like Dancing With The Stars). Don't risk that!

I would just replace all of them. Clem up and put a bit of grease on the tensioner pulleys while you are at it. I am using after market belts and they are fine. Gates and Bando's

My part numbers are:

Gates power steer 9305 / 13A0775. 12.5/13mm x 785mm

Gates Air con. 9355 / 13A0900.
12mm x 911mm

Bando x2 Alternator. RAF 3400 / 13A 1035

4 belts in total. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Actually I think I have a full set if belts sitting at home from my cake spares. Sure they are all gates belts aswell.

Rusty

Any how too`s/hints/tips for changing all belts? or is it pretty straight forward??

I'll prob try remove the fan but it's probably not necessary. Just have to undo all the tensioners and slip each belt off.

Nav- what do you mean by grease the pulley? Remove it and out it back on or just spray some silicone spray on it? And exactly which pulley

hey rusty
when you change belts
any chance you could take a few pics and do a quick "how to" in a new thread
thanx for the part No's navmania,
we can then make it a sticky thread for everyones benefit

cheers

Last edited:
Actually I think I have a full set if belts sitting at home from my cake spares. Sure they are all gates belts aswell.

Rusty

I'm not sure that you'll do too well in Masterchef if you're using YD25 parts in your cakes!

Some tips for changing belts.
1: I removed my fan. I think x4 10mm nuts.
2: loosen the bolts at the centre of each tensioner pulley. It's like a lock nut.
3: loosen all tensioners
4: loosen alternator mount bolts.
5: remove belts and replace.
6: reverse the process. Remember to tighten all bolts. And if you have to do a re-tention remember the centre bolts to the tensioners.

Hope this helps.

Ahahah naked, dam auto spell.

Sparra
I most certainly can mate. Ill happy snap everything. Im unsure ill get a chance thjs weekend but certainly when i have spare time

Ok so i did a belt change today. Its actually very simple task.

I didnt bother with removing the fan cause the 2 belts are long enough to negotiate over and around the fan. Just undo all tensioners and lightly tap with a long bar and hammer. I used a screw driver and hammer as its all i had. Pictures to come.

I was supplied with the wrong power steering belt so i had to put the genuine one back on.

Product codes needed for gates or dayco belts

2*X*13A1040 ALT BELT
1 X*13A0900 A/C BELT
1 X*13A0775 P/S*BELT

I was supploed a 13A0800 for the P/S Belt. This is way to long

Rusty did a write up in the D22 section, iv just completed it and made a hell of a difference.

Latest posts

Back