Fishing Soft plastics yey or nay (share your tips)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bait casters can be good for targeting where you want you bait to land and sometimes they can be more comfortable when the rod and reel are matched but like most things it comes down to personal preference and for some they will pick one up and love it, others might have to work at it a bit before they love it.

Well i just went and picked a baitcaster up. Feels great: gunna go test her put tomorrow night with a few coldies

Oh yeah that's the best way to test it, then if you stuff up you can blame the beer.

I never got the hang of baitcasters either, always ended up with a few birds nests.

I run a Shimano 1000 Symetre on a 1-3lb Berkley Graphite Rod for my soft plastic rig. Never had much luck on SP's but will give them another go soon.

Blamin coldies for birds nests. Best idea ever. Haha ill be useless but ahwell haha

I got a baitcaster when i was younger with cast control. After a couple weeks, i had the cast control turned off, and could put the lure within 30cm of where i wanted it. Just practiced into the dam with a small sinker and no hook. I think they do give you more control, but will take a bit longer to get your head around. I even have mates that exclusively used them, but are going back to egg beaters. I think i might try an eggy for my next little set up.

We used to do a similar thing with our surf casting. Lead on the end stand at the fence and cast and just practice until we were able to cast straight and long. Did the same when we moved to overhead reels on the surf rods.

Well I rigged her up with a sinker and a swivel and spent and hour out the back yard. Only 3 birds nests and I think I got my brake set up well. I'm not sure what the other adjustment is though?

Soft plastics

Hi guys,New to forum so be gentle on me ,have been useing plastic in all the comps i go in,been a little lucky won a boat [fluke] but have a fair amount of sucess on bream and bass,the first thing i picked up on was the line,my choice is 4lb braid with 4lb fluro leader,DONT use swivells ann make sure that the weight of the hook is right for the depth[bream about 1/8 bass 1]4, too heavey would take away the swimming action of the plastic,if you use a soft rod say 2to4kg and are game run 3lb fluro straigh thru,more bites for sure,also a 1/4 ounce blade is the go to lure to find the fish,than a bit of finness with the plastics qfm fishing book is close to the bible,good luck CUZ:wristy::wristy::shooter:

qfm fishing book ? please eleberate. I was having good success with plastics but of late dirty old tweed bait prawns have even been out performing my plastics :/

1 post wonder, possibly not even a Nav owner.

There has been mention of some sort of qld fishing book a few times. try a search of the boat and fishing section for words like 'fishing guide' or something similar.

Soft plastics

To krafty,I own a 2010 st d40 twin cab ,as i said i am new to the forum,everone has to start posting with their first post but if
senior members are like you maybe they wont post again, now about fishing ,Queensland Fishing Monthly is a mag put out by guys who fish all the major comps,the tips and gear they use,if you read their stories it will save you heaps of money and put you on the right track . CUZ:Gillard::Gillard::Gillard::Gillard:

Hey do what you like I don't give a shit.

We get enough 1 post wonders on this forum that I stand by what I said. If you're offended I can't change that and don't really intend to try.

Welcome to the forums.

You can help flush the next newbie's head down the toilet as a part of their welcome.

Latest posts

Back