Fishing Soft plastics yey or nay (share your tips)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is nothing better than sitting in the beach, with a stubby in hand and waiting for fish to hook themselves. Even better on a nice quiet night, full moon, clear sky, light crashing waves and a bonfire on the beach

Bliss.

Might go out again on satday for a few holds and hopefully catch a fish this time

Lures catch more fisherman than they do fish so chances are before long you'll have a tackle box full and you'll pick a favourite..

That sums it up.
First you had to have the right hook and I had trays of them.
Then you had to have the right lure and I've got tool boxes of them.
Plastics, hmm, naah, I'm not starting all over again.

soft plastics ftw:)
went for a flick this morning from about 6 till 11 got 3 baby flathead undersize a big mangrove jack and a big flatty :) stoked
havent run the lie stick over them yet but the jack is about a thong and a half long and the flatty two thongs long. thong = universal measuring sytem lol.
im sold ive fished that river heaps of times and never caught jack shit. thats first time ive use plastics there and well the proof is in the pudding

Yeah but the kick in the arse with any bait or lure is that tomorrow you can go back to the same spot at the same time and use the same method and you'll catch nothing. That's why it's called fishing and not catching and if it was called catching every idiot could do it.

elliott heads river near Bundaberg. I wasnt hoping was using slick jigs i think there called bit there fifty different types in the slick rig range of course lol. they have quiet a big paddle tail so just give them about four quick winds of the real then let it sink. was winding really fast when i got the jack with only small pauses cause i wasnt targeting any thing specific. the flatty i was sort of chasing as id seen a good looking sand bar on the way up the river so when the tide was up on the way back to the ramp i tryed my luck. was winding slower and letting it pause a lot longer.
jack was 4cms
flatty 56cm
and just finished eating the baked jack :) yummy

I use hardbodys and soft plastics for Australian Bass in creeks and they seem to work well. Generally if it isn't striking on one I put on the other

ripped out another half meter flathead out the same river today aswell as a few smaller ones :)
lovin it

Ok I caught this on a red rum squidgy with a #4 jighead

big-fish-80-mile-beach.jpg

There's a pic so it must have happened :ha:

I've got a pic somewhere from years ago that shows half a dozen 30cm(ish) flatties laying next to an edited ruler that makes them look like they are longer than 60cm. That actually happened too, I caught the fish then I squished the ruler but I wouldn't show it these days because down here (atleast) the bag limit of frogs over 58cm or thereabouts is 2 a day and i might get in trouble :ha:

BeausIphonePics393.png
[/IMG]
BeausIphonePics394.png

Here is a pic of my mates flatty throwing an old squidgie while walking the dogs... it weighed in at 13.8kg and now lives on his dining table. Got it mounted and looks tops. My old man exclusively uses soft plastics, and ive never met a bloke that could catch more fish.

We found a carrot that big once, got in the Guinness book of records back in about 81...oh hang on this might be the wrong thread for carrot discussions :ha:

Latest posts

Back