Fishing Soft plastics yey or nay (share your tips)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah but it was so tough it tasted like balsa wood. We caught it in a paddock up near Mangalore, was a lucky catch, we didn't use any bait

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352107891.536123.jpg

Can work in both but like any fishing you have to pick the right bait/lure for the right place. Even the most successful plastic today might be useless tomorrow in exactly the same place.

Flys are the greatest with options :) Pick any micro environment and you can create the bait that the larger environment will want to snap up! All without the smell of bait and plastics, large gear and large wastes of cash on bait ect :p

I spent $21 on rod and reel for my soft plastic rod atm and $7 for a bag of pre rigged soft plastics grand total $28 lol so hardly big outlay and have caught 3 great size eating fish and well over ten small fish with still half a bag of plastics left so the money thing can be nul and void.
However would love to try fly fishing but it looks like a bitch to do

You don't have to "fly" fish to use flies. It's probably the most common way but you can catch bream etc in salt water with a fly and no fly rod. A lot of it comes down to how you use the bait/lure, but more than anything it comes down to the fish actually wanting to bite when your sitting there.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been fishing with a shad of one particular colour that worked well 24 hours before only to catch absolutely nothing then a change of colour and the fish go stupid. Same can be said for changing from lure to fresh bait or vice versa, in fact surf fishing along the 90 mile a fresh bait on one hook and a surf popper on the other is usually a killer mix for Aust salmon.

What rod and reel combo's are peripheral running?
Wanting to get myself a bait caster soon.

Depends on the application. 6 foot JW spinning rods with Shimano egg beaters in the boat(4 identical rods that always stay in the boat). 4 x 7 foot soft tips of different brands for river fishing and 4 x 15 foot surf rods either Abu Garcia or White Pointer which all look like they came out of the same factory. Surf reels depend on whether I'm spinning or sitting and waiting for a bite, overhead Abu for spinning and Penn egg beaters.

It will be my first baitcast. I'm
Looking into the c stick Abu Garcia combo. Looks the goods. And not too exxy to learn with. I hear its quite difficult

I never found it hard but that doesn't mean that I didn't f'up a few casts over the years. But I've also f'up casts with a hand reel so anything is possible.

I wouldnt waste your time on a baitcaster imo i have a couple and have gone back to using good egg beaters its very rare i drag the baitcasters out these days. Just my opinion but. What is the actual advantage/disavantage to a baitcaster :?

I wouldnt waste your time on a baitcaster imo i have a couple and have gone back to using good egg beaters its very rare i drag the baitcasters out these days. Just my opinion but. What is the actual advantage/disavantage to a baitcaster :?

Nice and accurate for good estuary fishing. I just want one for something different.

Latest posts

Back