Fluctuating Turbo Power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Beautie

Reaction score
Hi everyone on the Nissan Navara. I don't know if anyone has notice but when I fill up the turbo is very responsive, as it gets down to about quarter empty it starts getting noticeably sluggish. Then when I refill it goes to power.Has anyone come across this at all.

I wonder if the fuel is foaming? Diesel does that to a degree. Think of your fuel tank like a schooner of beer. When it's full it doesn't matter about the foam, you can still get plenty to drink. When it's near empty, you're looking around for the barmaid again because it's no fun sucking foam. Have you made any changes to your fuel tank, or are you using a different brand of fuel?

Hi everyone on the Nissan Navara. I don't know if anyone has notice but when I fill up the turbo is very responsive, as it gets down to about quarter empty it starts getting noticeably sluggish. Then when I refill it goes to power.Has anyone come across this at all.

Next time you are down to a quarter, load the truck up with another 4 people and go for a drive.

The extra load will help with turbo spool.

Let me know how you go.

Latest posts

Back