Free-Wheeling Hubs In Place Of Auto? - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumping this up.

Where the FWH would bolt on is a stud on the DX, whereas on the str a bolt is bolted into the hole, no stud. I'm afraid this may mean having to change the whole hub, which is more money/effort then I want.

Anyone got an idea??

I take it that you want to put manual hubs on in place of auto ones. I have a set of GQ patrol hubs here if you want to do some measuring we may be able to see if they will fit. They look the same as my navara ones as well. I know you can do the straight swap on a patrol so can't see it being a problem on the navara. You may either have to remove the studs and get bolts to suit or lengthen the studs. And see if the splines are the same. Let me know if you need any measurements.

Cheers.

as far as i know ALL d22's have manual hubs
it was the d 40's who went with auto hubs
cant see the reason why you would have front hubs locked from factory

That's cool Mitch. Just didn't know if you wanted me to do some measuring of hole positions and sized to see if they might fit. At least that way you wouldn't have to buy new ones only not to fit. I think the bolt pattern should be the same. Don't know about the splines on the locking ring that slips over the axle. You think a set of navara hubs would just bolt straight on, I can't see nissan changing to much of the manufacturing process between the two models, it wouldn't be worth it. I think you said you had studs so with any luck you can just remove them and bolt em straight on. Hope it all works out.

Yea, makes no sense to me? The things Nissan do.

Actually
Mate if you wouldn't mind could you measure distance across from one hole to opposit hole, and between two side by side please?

Hay mate done some reserch and it can be done easy. the setup for Auto, Manual, and locking flange all fit the same hub. the only differance with yours is you will have to remove the studs and then use the same holes to bolt up the new hub. At the moment you have whats called a locking flange that is a splined disk that bolts to them studs. all you have to do is get a full hub assembly, remove the locking flange then the studs (should be easy, they just screw in). fit the manual hub locking disk wich is held on with a 'C' clip, then just bolt the hub on to the rotor, done. I have attached a copy of a page from a manual I have wich shows how it all goes together. Hope this is what you were looking for. if you still need the measurements let me know. but I think it will be very straight forward. you could even get a near new set from a wrecker. some people never use them. let me know how it works out.
Cheers, Brad.

Attachments

• SCAN0004.JPG
    SCAN0004.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 55
If that picture is to small just PM me your email address and ill send you the full size page.

Sorry mate missed previous post. I have purchased some FWH, am thinking I'll try it this weekend. Looking at the link I posted above of the pommy site mine are the same.

Shouldn't take long, just hope the studs come out easy

be interesting to see the results of this, im thinking of getting a single cab DX myself.

Well I installed them today. Piece of piss to install, half hour each side going slow. Easiest thing I've done, easier then installing radio even.

Was easy as. Remove cap, remove circlip, remove outer gear, remove studs, put new one in.

Highly recommended!!

Well I installed them today. Piece of piss to install, half hour each side going slow. Easiest thing I've done, easier then installing radio even.

Was easy as. Remove cap, remove circlip, remove outer gear, remove studs, put new one in.

Highly recommended!!
Where did you buy the free wheeling hubs from?

cheers.

Got them off eBay. Just gotta make sure you get 28 spline not 27, 27 is off the d21.

There a few pop up on eBay plus some always there, One bloke sells AVM on there which is a good brand I believe.

This is still the best thing I have done. Am averaging a fuel saving of 2lt per 100km just from these. Recommend for anyone with single cab to do it!

Latest posts

Back