Fuel Additive !

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4runna

Reaction score
hey,

Whats the go with fuel additive? i have read a few articles and what not but does it really work? Does it really keep ur system clean and give that extra bit of oomph that they say????:truck::truck::truck:

After all the news about dirty fuels I am sure it wouldn't hurt to put it in for peace of mind. I tried some diesel additive in the past and didn't notice any extra power or better economy.

Hopefully someone can ad to that later on.

Brett

I've used Chemtech Diesel Power and didn't really notice much of a change. Maybe there's something else that will do something a little more noticeable but that's all you should ever expect - if you want the performance of a blown 8.0L V10 then you're going to disappoint yourself by pouring stuff in the back end.

Used lots of different additives myself. Chemtech, LiquiMoly, Repco, Moreys, Spitfire, now Fuel Dr. Out of all of them I have thrown them all in the bin except the Chemtech and Fuel Dr. Chemtech worked a dream in my Mazda BT50 single cab I had but didn't do anything in the Nissan. The Fuel Dr is actually cleAning my system and tank as the product is actually used to clean industrial fuel tanks for caltex, bp etc. If your wanting extra performance you will need to find a additive with cetane in it. So overall the Fuel Dr is the only one I know thhst actually cleans the injectors and lubes the pump with the super low sulfur diesel we get these days

Goodluck

Thanks guys,

I'm not really after power increase, it's just that you read articles about the algae build up from the fuel. I don't know all that much about this but i was sort of getting concerned about keeping the system clean, fuel, injectors etc.

My 4by hasn't sat idle for any long period, it gets driven every day. It was just a thought thats all.
Chemtec was in last months 4wd Action mag and again it started me thinking about it.

4runna

Even though your car hasn't been sitting around it eill still get algae and dirty fuel etc that will stuff your injectors. I would recommend going to supercheap and getting some fuel doctor and give your system a kick in the pants.

Goodluck

This might be a good thread to ask my question.
I'm heading over seas soon and the Nav will be sitting in the garage with out any use for 3 months.
With a 145L tank underneath do i fill it up chockers and add this Fuel Dr additive as i would hate for the fuel to go offf....

I've tried the morey's diesel additive as Tony said no extra oomph did seem to blow less smoke but that could also be the cold snap we are having

I find my car has extra punch in the cold - probably from greater expansion ratios and higher intercooler efficiency.

Dozer, I would also put a trickle charger on your car's battery, leaving the battery negative terminal disconnected from the car. Otherwise, 3 months' of no use except the standby systems will kill it dead.

The guys using Fuel Dr, do you put it in every tank or every few tanks, i have had a couple of mechanics say to use it every second or third tank, yet on the bottle it say's to use every time you fill up. Have you had any trouble with using this product?

Cheers.

every tank, i keep a small single shot bottle in the car, I bought a 4-5 litre bottle and it at 30mls per tanks it should last some time :D

As Al has stated. I use it every tank aswell. I put 50ml in cause of long range tank. Keep litre bottle at home and small 250ml shot bottles in car. I also use it in the wifes ford fiesta at 10-15ml per tank. It runs smoother now

Back