Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just done a trip of high way city and a bit of high country 4wding in total 879km in my d40 2.5td auto duel cab with just under 280'000km on it and it used 87lt

just done a trip of high way city and a bit of high country 4wding in total 879km in my d40 2.5td auto duel cab with just under 280'000km on it and it used 87lt

Just did a test tank, 734.7 k's, put in 65.76 litres. Works out to be 8.95 litres per 100k's.

Just filled up today,
630kms and it took 63L, the light was not even on, but I filled up coz it was cheap.
Thats spot on 10L per 100kms. I am happy with that, there was about 300kms of highway, about an hour or so of 4wding last night only about 5-10kms, and the rest was just driving around town, and being a 25yo male, I dont realy take it easy on my cay, normaly change gear at 3000rpm. I dont realy carry anything in the ute other than passangers, there was probably 2-3 people in it for about 3/4 of the tank this time.
Another reason why people are getting differing results could be due to mods such as 3" pipe, chip, intercooler and such.

I just got 10.5l/100km's city driving in sydney pretty happy with that.
Will be driving to Orange this weekend for a hunt so will see what high way use is like.

Filled up a hour ago on the way home. 1125km's travelled on the tank and 110L to fill.

Still had 15L on board and the fuel light didn't come on.

Dave.

Filled up a hour ago on the way home. 1125km's travelled on the tank and 110L to fill.

Still had 15L on board and the fuel light didn't come on.

Dave.

Bugger!

2008 D22 YD25

Stock with a genuine towbar

got 735K from my last tank filled in 65L so that's 8.8L/100. Driving to and from work a 55K round trip of which 30K if I'm lucky is cruising at 90Kph.

Best I ever got was 8.2L/100 on the F3 between Sydney and Newcastle driving at the speed limit with air con on, only me in the car.

EDIT-----

I usually get around 8.9-9.2L/100 and I'm usually not very light on the throttle.

Last edited:
Hi Dave, I have a 1997 D22 3.2 Diesel Navara Dual/cab, Just purchased 2 months ago and have been trying to Aquire an Owners Workshop manual, for it. (Not easy to get) I have tried E/bay, and a guy had a site, that sent out C/D Version, but he has now shut down his site, have tried a couple of other places, like eg, Navara Book , sent my enquiry to BOOKWORKS, aND OTHERS, AND GET NO/RES[PONCE, I will be doing fuel consumption tests in the next few days it has a 115ltr tank, and will fill it on a trip, we plan. When I work out how to download photos I will put a few on my site? Hope you or anyone else can help me. Also need a few cosmetic parts. Cheers Robbo

Hey Rob Pm me your details. Gotta duck out soon and grab some cd's.

Ill make up 20 disks to send out.

Dave.

Heres a D40 compario for you Dave

D40 2009
King Cab ST-X
Manual
4x4
2500kg
14000kms on clock
150lt tank gets me 1150kms MAX
13lt/100 sucks like a Thai wh..oh its made there makes sense.
Makes absoultely no difference highway or city driving.
My RA rodeo was the same 3.5 V6 13lt/100 as well with no difference on highway or city.

Id shift at bout 3grand too. otherwise its a slug.

I have a 2002 d22 with zd30 and have noticed of late that it is going through more fuel than usual. I have done about 184,000km always serviced every 5,000km and never had a problem with it as yet.

The last 2 tanks each equated to just over 12L/ 100km with little load. It used to be a litre or so better in the past. Even got down to 10.6L/100km after doing the EGR and that was fully loaded too.

The only thing that has changed was going from BFG A/T tyres to Cooper STT tyres. I know they can have an effect on fuel consumption but an extra litre/ 100km???

There is no hard and fast rule as to how much per litre any tyre (or mod for that matter) will add to your economy but I wouldn't say it's out of the question for tyres to do it especially if you've gone from near worn tyres to tyres with new tread, that few millimeters of extra tread can make a difference.

Even taking out the fact that you've got more tread on the tyres the pressures could be different, the rolling resistance of one rubber to another will be different and the way the car preforms would be different. If you were suggesting it was 5lph or something like that I'd reckon tyres weren't to blame entirely but 1lph I would reckon is possible.

3.0 ZD30 STR dual cab
approx 2000Kgs
2006 model

Iam actually getting what the specs say,on average im am getting 9.6lt per 100kms empty.

Just done the egr/butterfly mod and 2.75" exhaust so i will see how it goes.

Model: D22 dual cab 2005
Engine: ZD30 ddt
Auto/Manual: Manual
Weight: Around 2tonne
Last check was: 63L = 680kms = 9.26l/100km
i owned a 03 str before this one and it avgd around 10.5l/100km so the 05 definately gets better fuel economy,mind you the o3str had an extra 60000kms on the clock but that shouldn't make that much difference.

i only started towing on my second tank of fuel. economy went down to about 12.5l/100kms. thats towing a 1- 2 tonne trailer. depending on how loaded. my xg falcon was getting about 25l/100 if i was lucky. enough for half a payment almost on the loan!

Back