Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its unlikely, but if this rate continues it'll be a hell of a economic tank!

and you'll be 1100ks from home with no fuel!

Thats one way to make sure your dad doesn't get rid of the car before you are finished with it

these cars are quoted at 7.3l/100km which if REALLY is obtainable results in...

75l tank / 7.3l x 100 = 1027km on one tank...best i've done is just over 800km

yep, looks highly unlikely! haha

first person to bust a 1000km with a stock 75l tank gets bragging rights!

these cars are quoted at 7.3l/100km which if REALLY is obtainable results in...

75l tank / 7.3l x 100 = 1027km on one tank...best i've done is just over 800km

yep, looks highly unlikely! haha

first person to bust a 1000km with a stock 75l tank gets bragging rights!

Drive everywhere at 40ks you'll get 1000ks and more.

If Holden can claim they get from Melb to Syd on one tank of fuel in a car that's rated at 9.3 lt/100 and has a 73 lt tank then anything is possible. Bragging rights are just like commercials, never let the entire truth get in the way just incase you can be proven wrong.

Tell everyone you got 1500ks on 75 lts then buy everyone a drink and hope they don't ask silly questions like what speed were you driving at or did you take it out first gear.

If Holden can claim they get from Melb to Syd on one tank of fuel in a car that's rated at 9.3 lt/100 and has a 73 lt tank then anything is possible. Bragging rights are just like commercials, never let the entire truth get in the way just incase you can be proven wrong.

Tell everyone you got 1500ks on 75 lts then buy everyone a drink and hope they don't ask silly questions like what speed were you driving at or did you take it out first gear.

haha, yes anything is possible, but i'm doing this all within reasonable driving ability.

basically from 1st to 5th its always shifting at 2000 revs and keeping it under 2000 if needing to down shift. basically 5th gear at 2000 revs is 95ish km/h so you aint going overly slow (just gotta keep out of the right lane on the freeway haha)

From what I've seen of Perth drivers you need to stay away from the highways in general!! :aetsch:

From what I've seen of Perth drivers you need to stay away from the highways in general!! :aetsch:

lmao, thankgod for the upgrade car horn...

too many dumbshit drivers!

you should of seen it the other day, some indian dude pulled off the highway into a bus stop lane/section and just sat there. he then drove into the other lane as if he were leaving, and then he reversed slowly back into the bus lane as a bus was coming into it!

and as i was at bunnings this woman in a forester reversed all the way back up the under ground car park ramp and nearly hit me as i was going into.

bloody some of these people need a bullet

Not meaning to sound like I'm picking on the Indians but my neighbours are Indian, our driveways are adjoining however on several occasions he's backed out of his driveway done a huge loop in reverse and ended up on my nature strip.

Considering I drove across his front yard with the trailer on because I couldn't be bother reversing it up the driveway the nature strip trick wouldn't bother me so much if he didn't go back where he came from and hit his own bloody driveway again before straightening up and finally heading off.

You know back in the late 70's when the latest CM valiant was released Chrysler claimed it could go from Melb to Syd on one tank of fuel. That was 30 odd years ago with a 3 speed auto and carby intake, pretty lame by todays standards to make a claim that was made 30years ago, I wouldnt be bragging.

My ute is not to bad on fuel, averages around 10L/100km's. I didn't buy it to be a fuel miser so that longer range tank is on dutie to get me further.

Dave.

You know back in the late 70's when the latest CM valiant was released Chrysler claimed it could go from Melb to Syd on one tank of fuel. That was 30 odd years ago with a 3 speed auto and carby intake, pretty lame by todays standards to make a claim that was made 30years ago, I wouldnt be bragging.

As much as I dislike false or misleading advertising I reckon Holden deserve some bragging rights after Ford have been prattling on so much about those crappy Territory's for so long.

I reckon anyone who thinks their Nav economy is crap ought to just think themselves lucky they weren't silly enough to by a Territory.

since i picked up my ZD30 i have averaged 11.0L / 100k's. This is with steel bar, canopy & BFG muddies - i'm quite happy really.

i think the biggest pain is my dad phoning me every week to brag how his NS pajero gets 10.1L every week.

Mine is doin pretty ok but does have some mods

Model: D22 STR 2006
Engine: ZD30DDT
Auto or Manual: Manual
Rough guess on weight : 2700kg

122L for 1240km's = 122 / 1240 = 0.09838 etc x 100km's =
9.83L per 100km's
this was canberra to brisbane on the highway

but I do have LPG / Deisel convo done ... so you have to include into that 36L LPG for the 1240km as well.

however .. on sand (all hard goin 4wding mostly in high range but a fair bit of low to) ... looking at

82L for 480km = 82 / 480 = 0.17083 x100km = 17.08 L / 100 and usd about 15 L lpg

normal around town sees about 1400km per 145 L ish and 45L lpg
so around 10L / 100 around town

Hi all,

Over the last week i used a tank and got 9.2l/100km and i seem to be getting this on regular basis the worst ive done is 9.5l/100km this is all with a mix of highway and city driving, in a 2004 zd30 nav with 182000km on the clock. The last tank was 65L and the odo red 707.23km.

As much as I dislike false or misleading advertising I reckon Holden deserve some bragging rights after Ford have been prattling on so much about those crappy Territory's for so long.

I reckon anyone who thinks their Nav economy is crap ought to just think themselves lucky they weren't silly enough to by a Territory.

Thats fair enough, in this day n age in australia they are the big 2!

I happen to have both a Nav and a Territory (the Territory is the missus' car). The Terry is actually not too bad on fuel. We average around 12 l/100km, with mostly suburban driving. I have seen it get better than 9l/100km on a trip. It's bloody comfortable, really practical with 2 teenage kids and very car-like to drive. We had an AU3 XR6 before it which was a lot harsher to ride in (had 17" wheels and 45 series tyres) and gave almost identical fuel economy.

You all realise of course that this thread proves that no two cars are the same, and economy is partly the result of vehicle settings/maintenance and partly the way it's driven/used.

Variety is, of course, the spice of life!

As for my car, its overall average is about 12l/100km (includes some heavy towing at 19l/100km). Can't say I'm disappointed in that.

Model: 2009 D40 STX
Engine: YD25
Transmission: Auto
Rough Weight: 2200kg
Average consumption: 12.5l/100km

Last edited:
hi guys, i normally get about 600kms to about 65-67 ltrs of diesel, so an average of around 11ltrs per 100km. after a recent trip to fraser i was surprised how much diesel the old girl chewed. i only got about 450kms to the tank, an average of about 14.5 to the 100km. i was pretty boggy due to the lack of rain the week we stayed, and we did do a few of the slow inland tracks but she did have a good drink. have any you others guys noticed this, or is my nav burning to much. any feed back would be good, cheers

The only time I have had my Navara up around 14L/100km's is when I had over 3t behind it.

Uses abit more on the beach but thats expected, uses hardly anything more in low range.

Dave.

yeah second last tank of fuel i averagef 9.2L per 100 km and the last tank of fuel i averaged 8.8L per 100km, only difference i could see is that i changed air filter half way inbetween the last tank. there's about 3L of gas on top of that.

I took a measure of my 2006 D22 T/D on my recent trip home wih it. Vehicle was empty and I was sitting on about 100-110 k/ph. Between Biloela and Townsville I travelled 923 kms and used 90.54 litres. That works out at 10.16 l/100kms so I'm pretty happy with that.

Russ

Latest posts

Back