Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My D22 getting the best economy in the world. 0 ltrs per 100 lol. sittin in the shed while i build some cabinets for where the back seat was lol!!:victory:

I will trade you for a couple of weeks, you can do the measurements on mine and Ill put the km's on yours. To keep the battery charged I mean't.

Dave.

i got a 2003 zd30 n im hard pushed to only do 600klms to a full tank (67ltrs) im averageing around town n highway driving between 650-720klms n even on fraser in the soft sand goin up through indian heads she will still average around 450klm to a tank

i just got back from a 780km'ish trip with about 300kg of stuff in the back (mx bike, camping gear, etc)

i was cruising at fast to fast through the straights and corners and hit around FAST a few times on long downhills. at times i was doing 100 in 3rd on steep hills or long increasing gradients and over taking at fast on increasing gradients.

full tank of 75L and have around 1/4 left according to the gauge

GOOD STUFF

Last edited:
New figures after gas conversion

I can finally post some figures after a couple of months using the DGas and a 2 3/4' exhaust fitted at the beginning of February. I was goint to post my spreadsheet but suddenly .xls is not an acceptable attachment so, no Excel document.

Two tanks of diesel totalling 100.26L and one of gas 28.47L for a total fuel usage of 128.73L was used to cover 1,123.9Km which works out at 11.45L/100Km. This is very close to what the Nav was doing just on diesel prior to the upgrade so I am saving about $11-12 per gas tank full but the Nav goes like a cut snake now and pulls my van with no problems at all.

Most of my driving is local , but when I hit the highway I usually have my van on the back so I am very happy with the figures but it will take about 5 years to get my investment back:eek:

mines a 04 st-r, zd30 with 120,00km on her, i average
10.8L/100 around town
9.9L/100 open road (loaded and unloaded)
11.2L/100 towing 1300kg camper trailer with 300kg in ute with really hilly hwy suff and lowrange stints
730km from tank without light comming on 1/8th left
but in winter i get 8.5L/100 around town and this week its been cool up here and fuel comsumption dropped from 10.9L/100 last week straight to 9.0032L/100 but in winter still only get 9.5-10.1L/100 on open road

Model : D22 STR 2005
Engine : ZD30DDT
Auto or Manual : Manual
Rough guess on weight 150kg over standard
b4 my gas convertion
9.8L/100 half town ahlf highway
with gas and 3" exhaust im now averaging around 7.9L/ 100km for the same driving and like chartrock say it flys now

Last edited:
Well took my roof racks off the last time I filled up.

Must have looked like a wierdo taking them off at 2 in the morning at Cessnock but I was getting 11L per 100km's.

Took them off and now its back to 9.7L per 100km's.

I didn't think they would make that much of a difference but it shows they do.

Dave.

back from my trip

786km with a cruising speed thats pretty fast, basically lead foot all the way.

put 65L in the tank before i left with around half a quarter left on the gage

2005 STR 3.0 Manual, Std, 50K, not had a hard life (YET!!)
Fuel consumtion pretty much like Dave_STR's although i don't use injector cleaner and the engine has had an easy life SO FAR!!

If I drove at the speed limit all the time mine would be better.

Dave.

I don't know how you New South Welshies get by doing the speeds you do... I spent a bit of time on the New England around Singleton (one day job at Bayswater PS) this week and saw at least four separate coppers patrolling, two marked and at least two unmarked, in the space of less than maybe an hour total on the road.

Then for the rest of the day I spent in NSW doing 118km/h on the dial=111km/h in the real world, I was being passed by everyone like I was standing still (I'm one ticket away from no licence, so I can't afford to get pinged). Is it just that Vic penalties are harsher or what?

:offtopic:

To stay on topic, I can't assess my Navara easily because the trip meter reset jams sometimes and the tank reads below empty at 20l left, but I know my other car (2.4 V6) does 7.5l/100km on 98 on the highway, more like 9-10l/100km on 95 E10 mixed cycle. I can get roughly 10l/100km in the Navara mixed cycle, but diesel is 20c/litre cheaper in my hometown. Hopefully a diff ratio swap will improve the economy.

^ Bayswater and Liddel, get a UHF. Channel 40 and you wont get court.

I am up in Singleton nearly every night.

Dave.

^ Bayswater and Liddel, get a UHF. Channel 40 and you wont get court.

I am up in Singleton nearly every night.

Dave.

It's on the "when the bank balance permits" list. Channel 40, got it.

Seems to be D22 country around Maitland. Well, I saw more than usual.

Well took my roof racks off the last time I filled up.

Must have looked like a wierdo taking them off at 2 in the morning at Cessnock but I was getting 11L per 100km's.

Took them off and now its back to 9.7L per 100km's.

I didn't think they would make that much of a difference but it shows they do.

Dave.

its amazing huh, thats why i opt for a camper trailer and not a roof top tent, but i find the same thing with my canopy, taking it off saves about .5-.7 L/100 but end up with a frozen labrador in winter lol. from reading the posts on here my girl seems amazingly consistant with her fuel usage despite varied driving styles

Latest posts

Back