Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I bought the car I'm averageing just under 10 for hwy and mid 10's low 11's for around town. I'm pretty happy with that but I prefer driving diesels in general mainly because of the low down torque.

Since I bought the car I'm averageing just under 10 for hwy and mid 10's low 11's for around town. I'm pretty happy with that but I prefer driving diesels in general mainly because of the low down torque.

I will second the down low torque factor, I drove a mates 3.4L V6 Hilux the other day and stalled it twice. Use to driving a diesel I guess.

Filled mine up today as I had things to do, 53L for 550km's.

9.64L per 100km's, mainly night driving.

Best vehicle I have owned.

Dave.

50 litres took me 400k's. so thats 12.5L per hundred...

but that was all in town driving, and about an hour of low range fun. thats pretty damn good considering im not affraid of the right pedal.

Filled up yesterday.

95L for 910km's.

Been stinking hot here so been using the air con constantly for the last week, been using the accelerator abit more then usual aswell.

10.44L per 100km's.

I am happy with that.

Dave.

i get about 1200 before i gotta fill up before goin bush. got the 125 ltr tank and id almost get to perth in just over 1.5 tanks

Been getting around the 600km from a 75L tank before the light comes on, which is generally just above or below 11L/100km. I'd say 60% of my driving is around town and got the AC on most of the time (and always when the gf is in the car :flowers:).

Also this is based on the odometer readings and according to the gps the speedo reads about 9km/h fast at 100km/h so the fuel consumption is actually 9% better which I think is pretty good for a 2 tonne vehicle!

Filled up this morning.

101L for 1015km's.

9.95L per 100km. :teeth:

I am happy with that.

Dave.

If only I could get that out of mine, will see eventually I guess, doing Strezlecki track later this year, plus a few other places, about a 3000 Km round trip, I'll get a good idea of highway miles then.

Only got 2800km on my D40 and was getting 13.7 around town and 13.4 on the highway. Had a bitch to Mr Nissan and while they couldn't find anything wrong they have noted on the job sheet the following:
"Checked fuel consumption figures provided by customer. 14L/100kms is within average range for vehicle. Checked for fault codes in system - none evident. Reset pump relearn clear, tested, all OK."
It seems whatever they did in resetting the pump it has had a marked effect. Did a trip to Sydney and returned a shade over 11L/100Km - which given I have a bar and winch and an automatic tx, is pretty good.

Details of vehicle.

Model: D40 2008
Engine: 2.5 TD
Auto or Manual: Manual
Rough guess on weight : 2000kg

80L for 850km's = 80 / 850 = 0.09411
9.41lper 100km's

Highway KM's will look at city driving when I actually do some haha

...... know some speedos are factory out by a km or 3, but 9? fair bit...

moat manafactures only guantee the speedo is withen 10%, so they can easly be out by 10km/h at 100km/h. can get worse or better dpending on the tires fitted.

why would the speedo only be out at 100km/h?

well why would it be out anyways? i know some speedos are factory out by a km or 3, but 9? fair bit...

I've checked the speed at 100km/h with 2 different gps's and both said 91km/h when the speedo was sitting exactly on 100km/h. I assume that it reads 9% fast at all speeds (not 9km/h fast at all speeds)

I first noticed it read slow when I was being overtaken all the time whilst sitting on '110' km/h. I normally sit at 110 on the highway (with a 100km/h limit) and in my old car I overtook more cars often than being overtaken by other cars. Will have a chat with Nissan but am expecting them to say it is all within allowable tolerance.

I finally found out what my highway mileage is, filled up not far from home, did a 191Km trip up to the nearest town to where we were camping, amount of fuel used was 17.11 Litres. By my calculations that works out about 8.96 Litres per 100Ks which I'm pretty happy with.:biggrin:

Shonky, about time you got some figure's like the rest of us mate.

Driving sensible or usual driving style.

Dave.

i was watching the 4wd show yesterday and it said some petrol 4wds use up to 25L/100km

that has to be wrong? right? i've never heard of such bad fuel consumption in a car

Shonky, about time you got some figure's like the rest of us mate.

Driving sensible or usual driving style.

Dave.

Usual driving style, but it was about 40ks of driving through the suburbs at 8am on Saturday morning so very few stops at the lights, then the rest of the distance cruising along the highway just sticking to 100ks with occasional boot into it to overtake someone. I reckon if I was to fill it up right now, the economy will be back to its usual, as there was about 110ks of low range work today in some pretty steep country. But doing that amount of Ks in low range will always have an effect on economy.

ok, got the gps out today....

seems that at any speed my speedo is running 5km/h faster than it reads which explains why it seems ppl drive a fit faster than me.

i was watching the 4wd show yesterday and it said some petrol 4wds use up to 25L/100km

that has to be wrong? right? i've never heard of such bad fuel consumption in a car

my mate used to have an 80 series landcruiser and its fuel consumption would be running around those figures when out bush

Latest posts

Back