Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benfirri

Reaction score
Okay so this may be on here somewhere already but i cant find it,

All you guys / girls with d22's what kind of fuel economy are you getting out of your trucks.

I have just got a brand spanker 2010 2.5 turbo desiel, it has about 1500klms on it i have been told that untill you run them in they arnt fantastic on fuel, i just did a trip from sydney to the hunter valley and back so not overly a huge trip and did around 550 klms to the tank.... I was expecting a little more to be honest as ive been told they do that around town... so is this just an issue of it needing to bee run in or are they a little thirsty ?

Mine is a 2010 D22 2.5 too. Best so far is 8.36l/100. I usually fill up after about 700km and there are plenty of litres left,

Regards

Greg

I have a 2010 D22 STR and I get somewhere between 9 or 10L per 100klms. I have about 9000 on the odo so far.

My 09 has 35k on the clock with various mods like exhaust, chip, snorkle, k&n high flow filter, egr mod. Goes like a cut snake and i get around 650-700km to a tank depending how I drive, about 550-600 if towing.

ours is stock apart from the egr mod, mainly outer city driving, ie not a lot of traffic, normally averages just under 10l / 100km, including occasional freeway runs. can't remember what it is like on the highway, been too long since we have been away anywhere...

should have said, 2010 2.5 as well

i have a 2010 Str
done about 2000klms and get around 650klms per tank
i always fill it up once the needle hits 1/4 tank

another question does the d22 have a fuel guage warning light when close to empty?

Yes it does, not sure what the general consensus was when it came to the exact figure but there is a thread around somewhere relating to the fuel light, not sure what it is titled though.

Try searching for Fuel light, or something similar, I know it's there somewhere

I've got a 2009 2.5ltr city driving is between 9.5-10 ltrs /100. when i tow my caravan it creeps up tp 14.5ltrs/100. Just installed a Chipit power chip so i'm keen to see what kind of fuel consumption i get. Power increase is incredible with the chip

Just come back from a trip towing my caravan after installing the Power chip fuel consumption was 11.2ltrs/100 i couldn't be happier with those figures

I've got a 2010 2.5ltr with 11,000kms on it.
I mainly do city driving unfortunately but I get around 600-650km and then the light comes on. Not my normal practice but I have driven around with the fuel light on for quite a while (can't remember specific kms) and was impressed I didn't have to learn how to bleed the lines.

I've since read up on bleeding the lines just in case.
Welcome to the forum - I'm new here also, but I've read a lot of helpful info. There seems to be plenty of knowledgeable folk on here.
Cheers
Becks

Yes it does, not sure what the general consensus was when it came to the exact figure but there is a thread around somewhere relating to the fuel light, not sure what it is titled though.

Try searching for Fuel light, or something similar, I know it's there somewhere

when my fuel light comes on iget about 30kms out and still have about 8litres left

That seems about right, give or take you'd expect about 100 odd ks after the light comes on. I know I can get atleast 150ks after might light comes on but mine comes on at about 15 litres left.

Back