Fuel problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all, another problem i need to sort out with your help.

My driveway is on a slight incline (facing up hill). Since having the fuel filter changed a couple of weeks ago when i start the car it runs for a short time (45secs) before stalling. I then attempt to restart it and it turns over for a good 8 - 10 secs before starting. It then runs faultlessly.

Any suggestions???? It seems to only do it when the car sits overnight and is cold. I also noticed when i had a look at the the filter that the mechanics have put a standard hose clamp on the fuel supply line which attaches to the top of the filter. Obviously they lost the normal clamp.

Any help would be appreciated.

Another method is to check how many times you need to squeeze the primer bulb before it goes firm. If you can go past 6 squeezes, there's a leak.

Ordinary hose clamps are fantastically effective at pinching a hose - this puts a little fold lengthways from the edge of the hose in to the interior - perfect for allowing air to get in!

You won't see it as a leak of diesel fuel though - anywhere above the pump is the suction side, so it will just draw stuff in. Air ... water ... dirt ...

The mechanic ought to be able to rectify his mistake fairly quickly.

My driveway has quite a steep incline down from the road to the garage and this same problem happens to my 2008 D40 but only when parked overnight with the REAR of the vehicle facing downhill. On start up I have enough fuel to get to the top of the driveway (about 15 metres) and then have to prime the filter. I can assure you that there are no leaks in my fuel system at all.....the fuel just drains back towards the tank. I don't know how long the car has to be in the arse downhill position for this to happen but it certainly takes longer than 6 hours.

Latest posts

Back