Fumota Oil Drain Valve

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lever

Reaction score
Just did my first oil change, using the Fumoto oil valve.
Didn't drop a drop on the cement, great.

14809101298_59a4b811a0.jpg

Just fit a plastic tube and point it in the right direction.

14809101618_ed03027556.jpg

14809101918_ea55b05270.jpg

On the right, i have a tube from the funnel under the oil filter,
to catch any oil after undoing the oil filter.
It goes straight into a container, instead of dripping in the engine bay, then dripping down on the carport floor for the next few weeks

14809102118_d0e96e87bf.jpg

Seems like a good idea, but how tight is the valve tap? Would it work its way open, and slowly drain the sump while out 4wding?
Cheers

A close up.
No i don't think it will turn by itself.
It takes a bit of force to turn on.
On the web site, about half way down,
it recommends a hose clip or cable tie to hold in place for extreme 4x4 driving.
So a cheap cable tie will help you sleep at night.
But for me, i wouldn't bother.
I just like the convenience of it, and makes changing the oil a clean and fuss free job...

14997268022_b738955de8_z.jpg

the valve tap is spring loaded so it stays where its meant to i had one on my old hilux for 3 or 4 years and it never lost any oil

Last edited:
That valve looks great, gotta get one for mine. Also the underside of your Nav seems way too clean! What do you clean it with and how?

That valve looks great, gotta get one for mine. Also the underside of your Nav seems way too clean! What do you clean it with and how?

G'day bradm84, that's how i bought it, a used 2006 D22. was 7 years old when i got it, with 59,000Ks.

Underneath was very clean, no dirt/mud/dust, still had paper stickers from factory.
Bought it on the spot, didn't even bother taking it for a test drive until i had bought it.

Owners son said his father had really looked after it and detailed it for sale, a friend and myself went over it after i bought it, and couldn't believe the extent of the detailing job.

Now it dirty just like everyone elses............

Some pictures.
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=21918

Latest posts

Back