Gladstone Region

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries. If all goes well might plan a drive down to agnes or mabye 5 rocks once the water clears up

hey boosted - I got 'requested' to work this weekend seeming as the rain forecast in Bundy will be hitting us Fri thru Monday and things will be busy. In Bris the following weekend too, so can't come. Perhaps when some more of this weather leaves us alone. Still keen as and more than happy to run up to Kroombit when I'm free again. Stay in touch.

Lj

Hey boosted vant make it this weekend sorry mate. Ive got a mates 21st so yeah but keep in touch still keen for anothet trip

Hey all
Didnt miss out on much. Seeing as we had 50mm of rain friday night dumping a fair bit of water up Kroombit way and then another 50mm early that morning we didnt end up going up there. Instead we waited to sunday and headed to Lillies Beach which I might add was a horrible experience from all the dead barra down there giving it a nice tang to the air. So after that we went for a bit of a play in behind tannum school. I have posted up a video on youtube going through a washout in my Navara

YouTube - Wheelin in the navara

I was hoping to do another drive somewhere on either the 22nd or 23rd of this month, if anyone has any sugestions? Kroombit is probably out of the question until its reopened as I just found out by a friend that the cops are keeping an eye on the closure and booking people for driving past it

Would be interested in tagging along some time. Living in "Happy Rock" and have a stock D40 2.5 Diesel Nav. Not tricked out yet so only up for reasonably light stuff for now.
I do want to get out and find some trails though.

Murph

Went up to the Gladstone council to ask about Kroombit Tops and all they could tell me was it closed until furthur notice. Much help they were. So if anyone has any sugestions of some good places to go for a day trip then put it forward

Last edited:
I do the tannum run every few weekends. Its got pretty good gullys and stuff but its only about 2 or 3 hours worth of fun. The state forest is our main driving track in gladstone. That Watalgan looks pretty good, i've never been there before. Let me know if you wanna do it and i'd be up for giving it a go

Would the Kirkwood trail be driveable for a D40 without suspension lift?

Might give it a look this weekend if it is.

Murph

Scubamurph - Depends how far in there you want to go. There are a fair few tracks that have been graded and the took all the drainage mounds away so it should be pretty good on the main tracks, my mates brother went up in his D40 and tried to do a few of the medium tracks and got hooked up a fair bit

Would definately be up for a trip down to either.

My list of things I want done to my Nav is growing quickly.
I need to rob a bank or win the lotto :)

Murph

happy to have a run to either as well. How about next weekend 5th or 6th Feb. Anyone else keen / free? Propose different time....

I should be good. Hopefully I have my truck goin otherwise might have to take my Patrol work ute

Just looking through 4x4earth and found these 2 tracks, they look like pretty good day trip tracks
kalpower state forest - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks

Just be mindful of the locals if you go down to Kalpowar, as the place is overrun with motorbikes almost every weekend, and they get quite annoyed by idiots stirring up their livestock.

Also, Forest drive is closed to the public for logging (has been for the past 3 years), and new fences are going up everywhere cutting off the cattle leases.

Best ring the local forestry office first and check if the forest has public access. 41662020 is the number.

Thanks for the heads up, I was going to head there on saturday.

Has anyone been out to Clarkys motor head heaven in lowmead? I heard it supposed to be some pretty good tracks down there and its open to the public, might be worth a look

Took a spin around part of Kirkwood tonight. I never even knew
the trail there existed til joining this forum :smile:

Would be up for a spin out somewhere this weekend but not sure whether I will
be free Sat or Sun at the mo. Will be free all the following weekend though.

Murph

Back