Gladstone Region

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What entrance did you go into the state forest. You could spend a whole day up there just looking for tracks

Went in via Emmadale gardens and then right, up over the hill and down to the bottom and entered behind the chevroned sign.

Turned right and followed the road to left after passing the roundabout on the kirkwood rd. Followed that loop round and came back out in Emmadale.
Tried to trace it in google earth but there was a bloody cloud covering half the route :rolleyes:

Nice loop, will have to do some more exploring. I saw there were a few more challenging trails off it.

Murph

If you go into the estate at the end of Harvey's Road on the other side of Kirkwood Road and go right to the end of that estate there is another entrance there with some pretty good stuff through it. If you follow the main track through there it goes through to Haddock Drive

Thanks for the heads up, I was going to head there on saturday.

Has anyone been out to Clarkys motor head heaven in lowmead? I heard it supposed to be some pretty good tracks down there and its open to the public, might be worth a look

Yeah mate go down all the time on the bikes ive known clarky for nealy ten years now auwsome place to take the family, fresh water spring, bike club has put up a shed with power from a jenny and hot showers and flushing toilet(must have own gas for the hot water and jenny has to be on for toilets and showers to work) plenty of tracks and plenty of things that will test u out. The fourby comp was nt that long ago and there is plenty of tracks from that to test u out as well. If u go dwn call in at the main house and say gday hes a very friendly bloke.

Do ya have to call in advance or anything or just go down there? Are there any decent 4x tracks through there?

Yeah just to let him know your goin to be coming dwn. Plenty of tracks just depends how serious u wanna get.

If you go into the estate at the end of Harvey's Road on the other side of Kirkwood Road and go right to the end of that estate there is another entrance there with some pretty good stuff through it. If you follow the main track through there it goes through to Haddock Drive

Cheers mate. Will give it a look over the weekend.

Murph

Took a run through on saturday. Pretty good track for a beginner.
Only one part I thought I might not make it up but all good.

I think I could really get into this :big_smile:

Murph

Murph if you want to start going out there more im sure some of the other guys might be up for having a run through there and make a day of it one weekend.

Sounds good to me mate. Should be good for next weekend if anyone else is free?
I get back from Sydney late friday so just not too early on saturday would be great :smile:

Went up to Granite Ck Forest Rd and Builyan Nat Park. Some horrible resolution pics from a few little videos I took on the way in... we were scouting for some good trails so pics weren't really to order of the day

Road thru the forest was pretty easy, 2wd most of the way. Few minor washouts and ruts down some hills. Granite Ck itself was a nice watercourse. Builyan Nat Park was very hilly. I think we travelled about 60-80 km in 3 hours try to get from the Brrce Hwy through to Builyan / Many Peaks townships. Had to turn round cause of a few trees blocking the track.

There was another trail Dawes Range (4wd only) just after Granite Ck, but was gated / bolted up and no way thru.

Nice to meet you today Matt :cheers!: Sorry pics are so poor qual. Looking forward to seeing ur ute when they trays done

Attachments

• Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 02.jpg
    Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 02.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 03.jpg
    Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 03.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 05.jpg
    Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 05.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 06_fallen trees.jpg
    Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 06_fallen trees.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 01.jpg
    Granite Ck and Builyan Nat Park 01.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 51
geese, get your arse in gear Matt.... I can't either tho Murph - already booked up this weekend

Want to aim for next weekend 12-13 feb ? Head back out to Many Peaks?

Yeah yeah yeah ha ha been pretty busy at work. I took the work ute up to the state forest yesterday arvy and almost tipped it on its side so I wont be driving it in there anymore

State forest in gladstone, it frightened the shit out of me. I thought it was gone for sure but luckily it managed to straighten it up

Ok no worries guys. Will catch up the following weekend then.
Been toying with the idea of getting tyres so might do that this
weekend instead :)

Choice is MickyT 265/75/16 4 pattern ATZ or FC-II. Still undecided.

Murph

Back