Glow plugs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodneyrev

Reaction score
My ute (2004 ZD30) has sudeenly developed a clicking noise from the passenger footwell. I presume this is the glow plug relay (under the passenger kick panel??). I reckon the glow plugs are knackered at 310,000 kms. It starts pretty well during the day but needs a little more cranking than usual in the mornings. In Victoria it is about 15 degrees or more most mornings.
The question is will changing glow plugs fix the relay clicking or is something else awry in the glow plug controller? Has anyone had this problem? Are the Bosch glow plugs on eBay kosher?
A heap of questions there, I would be grateful for your input.
Cheers

i am pretty sure the glow relay is right nest to the fuse box in the engine bay but i have been wrong before. i replaced my glow plugs in christmass with NGK ones at 170,000 kms (i wanted bosch as well but it turned out so hard to find em) zd30 takes ceramic glow plugs as well so its a good idea. 15 degrees is way to high to cause any starting problems but if you have some glow plug burned it will help a bit.

I know the glow plug relay is under the bonnet, I was under the impression that the controller was behind the kick panel in the passenger footwell and that it also has a relay. That was the case on my Toyota smurf. The engine usually fires first revolution of the crank except first thing in the morning when it cranks for about a second. In the summer the glow plugs would have it firing like it was hot and in winter (zero) it might take a second of cranking.
It definitley sounds like a relay and it clicks randomly for 15 - 30 seconds after startup then stops until the next startup. I can't think of any other relay in that part of the ute. It certainly does not affect the vents or aircon.:shooter:
If it is glow plugs I will leave it until winter gets closer and if it is something else I will fix it sooner.

Latest posts

Back