good deal? bad deal?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savannah

Reaction score
Hi All
I have been offered the new D40 ST (140kw) automatic with nudge bar and 3ton towbar on the road for $42888 with metallic paint and no ABN needed.
Does that sound like a good deal?
Thanks

They are offering that exact deal on tv down here right now so I'd suggest it's a deal but you should be able to do better. and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the welcome Krafty
Most of the other deals are only for the manual and i need to show abn. I don't think i can talk him down further but will try.
Do you recommend the vehicle? I will be towing a boat of about 1 tonne and possibly a van in the future about 1.5ton

from all the feedback on this forum you are a lot better off getting the auto if you plan on towing. the manuals are just too hard to tow with especially trying to start off on hills...

From memory the current ST is pretty much the same as the STX I have and yeah I would recommend it and would definitely go for the auto if towing.

My local (may be statewide) is offering $42888 as the standard price for auto, ST with a 'free' nudge bar for their end of financial year sales. The metallic paint cost is bullshit most people can bargain that out of the deal (i.e. the dealer writes 'free' next to it). I really wouldn't say you have a bad deal, you're still getting a decent ute for the price.

Thanks all for your comments. I am also thinking of getting the tubliner $485 and soft cover $500. Any thoughts?
Is the factory snorkel any good?
Thanks

Ummm I don't like tub liners of any kind myself and therefore don't follow the threads about them very much but if you do a search (or advanced search for "tub liner") you'll find the general opinion of which is the better sort to get, I can't remember which that is right now.

As for the soft cover, again not a fan but if that's the going rate then chances are you probably wont bargain them down much.

^^rhino liners, it's a spray on tub liner instead of the normal plastic drop in one. they are somewhere around the $700 mark tho if you get the dealer to arrange it probably, but they will get the job done by someone else. you can do it for a lot cheaper yourself, but it depends if you feel confident or not.

the factory snorkels are fine, as above if you want a soft cover that's entirely up to you, it depends on your plans for the ute. $500 seems a bit excessive, but again if it's a dealer fit then i can see why they would charge so much...

The soft cover for the D40 fits on with mounts or tracks inside the tub not with the old lugs on the outside doesn't it? If that's the case I can definitely see why Nissan charge $500 for it.... they'd have to spend 30 minutes putting that on!

ebay the soft cover. It sits in an aluminium track and looks much better than the old lug things. The only pain with roll bars is getting the thing on and off completely.
Deal sounds good.
When i bought mine i said i had an abn (which i do) but they never asked to see it.

IF you do go the tub liner, go the spray on Job, Had the STX back in this week as there is about 1/2 inch gap between liner and tub, kinda acting like a catching mitt to ensure it fills with water and sand and rusts out without knowing and Nissan said is within specs and that they are all like that........

And *2 for the auto for towing the gearing in the manual especially reverse is really high, and when you have to reverse the trailer anywhere it is hard to stay at walking pace

+1 for the spray in liner, I had a plastic tub liner fitted by nissan when I bought mine and it was horrid, exactly as garfish explained. Eventually spent the money to get a rhino spray on liner and wouldn't dream of ever getting a plastic tub liner again! I paid just shy of $800 to have someone else do the spray on liner but I've heard of other guys on here doing it themselves for as little as $150! Just depends how dirty you want to get.

i've just paid a bee's bit over 49k for a manual st with alloy bullbar, rhino spray on liner, ome 2 inch lift, 265/70/r17 BFG AT x5, snorkel, metallic paint, floor mats, and stuff like headlight protectors, side strips, soft Tonneau cover, window tint etc.
probably could have done better if i had more time but i wanted it done before the end of the month and i was on night shift at the time so didn't have much time to play.
still pretty happy with what i've got though, the next couple weeks wait until i can pick it up will kill me!

Last edited:
haha i was going to hit them up for spotties but i'm pretty much set on getting some lightforce 240 hids with tax money anyway as well as a few other goodies.

The price Nissan want (as opposed to what they are worth) for spotties I doubt you'll get them to throw them in for nothing.

Latest posts

Back