Gordy's build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did the same sort of set up. just home made brackets and went behind the bar. also moved the spotties back as far as they could go. just trying to stop em from getting broke if i hit something
Yeah I was lucky my lights sat in a nice spot and the light bar sits nice just above them. The only thing now is I have to change the spot lights to HID because the light is to different to the light bar.

The bonnet protector changes the look quite a bit. When I take it off to wash under it sometimes it makes it look completely different. The light bar is of ebay $150 approx and the brackets are from the same place.

View attachment 16743

That's so cheap! It's LED I'm guessing. Can I please see a front on pic?

i did the same sort of set up. just home made brackets and went behind the bar. also moved the spotties back as far as they could go. just trying to stop em from getting broke if i hit something

Ye I was a bit worried about them over hanging the bar but they aren't too bad

I don't have one handy. I will take one tomorrow and post it for you.
Not sure on SA rules but in NSW if your light protrude the bar they will knock you back on rego. It's a crap rule. It's so if you hit a pedestrian you don't hurt or cut them with the protruding object. Daaa, I think a two tone 4x4 hitting you the last thing I would be worrying about is a cut from a spot light.

I don't have one handy. I will take one tomorrow and post it for you.
Not sure on SA rules but in NSW if your light protrude the bar they will knock you back on rego. It's a crap rule. It's so if you hit a pedestrian you don't hurt or cut them with the protruding object. Daaa, I think a two tone 4x4 hitting you the last thing I would be worrying about is a cut from a spot light.

No worries thanks!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I've never heard that rule before, sounds pretty stupid to me. Don't think it applies in SA but I could be wrong. Your right I'd be more worried about getting mowed down by the bull bar not the lights lol

I'm worried about the same thing, I want 9" HID spotties but where my light bar is, let's just say Mr Skip would win. I have the same mounts as above $45-ish on Fleabay, it's good having mounted properly.

Last edited:
Only if you can catch the roo and press chargers. But they mostly hit and run or don't live to pay up.

Hahahahahahahahha!

could always just remove them completely and say they were stolen and claim for them that way haha

Hahahahahahahahha!

could always just remove them completely and say they were stolen and claim for them that way haha

Hahaha said what?? Didn't hear a think. you just claim them, I have before the down side is your premium goes up and the excess is around the price of buying new ones so it's not usually worth it.
I'm told LightForce are a bloody good light though If I bought a set id put a little weld on the thread end so it's harder to steal. I think u can buy anti theft mounts, but they suck to fit.

Last edited:
I mean I never said that lol

Sort of did that once. Ran up the ass a a car once and smashed one but when I originally bought the set of a mate at ARB he gave me a damaged light so I could use the lens if I ever broke one. So I bolted that one on and said it broke both. Got a new set plus now I have a good spare.

Hahaha said what?? Didn't hear a think. you just claim them, I have before the down side is your premium goes up and the excess is around the price of buying new ones so it's not usually worth it.
I'm told LightForce are a bloody good light though If I bought a set id put a little weld on the thread end so it's harder to steal. I think u can buy anti theft mounts, but they suck to fit.

Haha ye your probably right, would be better off just jumping on eBay and buying some more.
The one upside to getting older the excess isn't as high hahaha
ye I'm enjoying them so far

Sort of did that once. Ran up the ass a a car once and smashed one but when I originally bought the set of a mate at ARB he gave me a damaged light so I could use the lens if I ever broke one. So I bolted that one on and said it broke both. Got a new set plus now I have a good spare.

Hahaha nicely done

Hahaha said what?? Didn't hear a think. you just claim them, I have before the down side is your premium goes up and the excess is around the price of buying new ones so it's not usually worth it. I'm told LightForce are a bloody good light though If I bought a set id put a little weld on the thread end so it's harder to steal. I think u can buy anti theft mounts, but they suck to fit.
I have the anti theft nuts on mine, but you have to weld a tube to the bar to cover the nut because you can get them off with vice grips. I just welded the ring onto the bar so the socket key slips inside it.

What's next on the to do list u say: well....

I need to install my UHF and get an arial, gotta pick up my lift kit from a mate in waikerie (which is about 3hrs from Adelaide) and install it. Then I wanna get a light bar then I'll look in to a spray tub liner, also wanna get black rims

Ahhh the girl has plans. Good Good. It never ends btw. Just saying.
Lift kit is easy to install, I did mine in half a day or a little more. What brand you going for?
UHF is essential especially when out with others. Have a look around here u will find some good installs. Which are u looking at?? I'm up grading soon and will grab one with the display In the hand unit, looks cleaner in the cab and more areas to mount it as the main unit can be hidden away.

Ahhh the girl has plans. Good Good. It never ends btw. Just saying.
Lift kit is easy to install, I did mine in half a day or a little more. What brand you going for?
UHF is essential especially when out with others. Have a look around here u will find some good installs. Which are u looking at?? I'm up grading soon and will grab one with the display In the hand unit, looks cleaner in the cab and more areas to mount it as the main unit can be hidden away.

I also need seat covers STAT, my seats are getting trashed :/ ye I know it never ends but the money does lol

Not sure on the brand, it's just a 2" extended shackles. A mate also has a 2010 d22, had it on his then decided pretty fast to go higher so offered it to me.

I've already got a UHF, got given to me for my birthday lol just need to work out where to put it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410096444.326603.jpg

Latest posts

Back