Grease for polyurethane bushes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you had to use the black Molybdenum greases?

EDIT: Just did some google goolge lithium based grease may or may not have moly added

From the 2 things I read moly is better. But don't believe everything on the internet

Last edited:
Don't use any grease made from mineral base oils. It will act as a solvent, this includes most of the lithium and moly greases.

Use a specific rubber grease, it's usually red or blue, and made from either clays, lanolin, vegetable oils or silicon.

Last edited:
Poly uerathane is a polymer, classed as a rubber product. Mineral based grease will destroy it.
Normally they supply a small tube of rubber grease (red dye usually added to show it's for rubber products) not high temp wheel bearing grease when you buy new bushes.

Don't use any grease made from mineral base oils. It will act as a solvent, this includes most of the lithium and moly greases.

Use a specific rubber grease, it's usually red or blue, and made from either clays, lanolin, vegetable oils or silicon.

Thats the one to use......Castrol make it also, in a red tub.

I should have clarified my statement above - when I installed the ARB suspension in my D40, the greasable shackles and poly bushes included in that kit were specified for use with moly grease. Or....more correctly....ARB specified that moly based grease should be used....

So whether other brands specify other types of grease for their poly bushes, who knows. But ARB specify moly grease for use with their poly bushes.

From the OME website:

"However, the grease will dissipate over time, thereby necessitating regreasing, and standard shackles make this task a time consuming process. Ingenious OME greasable shackles and pins allow the greasing of bushes without the hassle of removing the springs. Greasing OME shackles takes no more than five minutes and only requires a grease gun and a molybdenum based grease. "

Poly uerathane is a polymer, classed as a rubber product. Mineral based grease will destroy it.
Normally they supply a small tube of rubber grease (red dye usually added to show it's for rubber products) not high temp wheel bearing grease when you buy new bushes.

Na mate its not classed as a rubber product and not in anyway related. Its not in anyway damaged by oils, greases or fuels. It can be soft and bouncy like rubber but that doesn't make it rubber.

Latest posts

Back