Heath d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend I fitted the redarc battery isolator. There is a sticky here on the topic, but essentially I took the positive lead off the second batt, and fed it into the isolator, then the rest as per instructions. It seems to be doing what its meant to. I need to source a 100amp fuse and fuse holder that will fit in the line, which is pretty thick (4G).
As others have noted, there are two captive nuts on the drivers side wall of the engine bay, which are lined up perfectly for the redarc, too easy!
Also begun to cut out some ply for the drawer system, but slides are a bit slow arriving.

Good work Heata man. Will keep the fridge pumping away on the long weekend trip.

A few of the VNOG lads have the Redarc so I might have to do an expression of interest to see who is willing to set mine up and at what cost!

So today I tackled the rear drawers. I have built two 900mm long drawers, one slightly wider to accomodate the fridge. With the remaining 500mm (at the 'front' of the tub I have built a compartment for a 59l water tank. I used mostly 9mm marine ply, but the upright 'ribs' of the carcass are 12mm marine ply. Still a bit of work to do, (carpet, wiring, and locking T handles) but heres the progress from today.

Attachments

• IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0076.jpg
    IMAG0076.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMAG0077.jpg
    IMAG0077.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 88
Awsome Heata. Could be some late nights to get them finished for the weekend? I like the water tank set up. Looking forward to checking it out.

Some more progress, put the top on, and the handles. The locking T handles are expensive, and a bit fiddley to install, but I think once the carpet is in they will look the goods.

Attachments

• IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 62
Bit more work on the drawer system today. All held up well on the the high plains trip, so I added and plumbed the water tank. I used a hand pump, in line with KISS principle.

Attachments

• IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 73
looking good mate! loving the simplicity of your mentality. I'm going through the whole setting my truck up for touring ordeal in preperation for a big trip in july this year, so reading about what other people are doing is helping heaps! thanks!

Thanks Kyle, re the in line fuse I can't seem to find the exact one I need, I can get inline 125 amp, but not 100amp so far I've tried Autobahns, SCA and Jaycar. So I might stick with the breaker.

Thanks Joshman " loving the simplicity of your mentality" I get that a lot...:sarcastic:

I completed the drawers today, wired up the fridge socket, and a standard 12v socket too. I covered the lot in carpet. Thanks Jase who put me on to this place, where I got 'sticky back carpet' you just peel of the backing and stick in place, too easy! Seems ironic to buy 'sticky back' carpet from a factory that happens to be next door from a brothel... (how did you find the outlet anyway Jase?:sarcastic:)

I added some neat little ringpull style latches for the bins, and some ally strips to allow me to slide my storage tubs in and out. I loved working with the ally, and might have got a bit carried away with it!

I need to have a bit of a think about how to get the water tank to 'breathe' if that makes sense, I need to think of a way to let air in, but not water out. I also need to position the water inlet some where that I can access easily, withough having to un pack the whole tub. But anyway that will give me something to think about.

I really need to tackle the expensive mods now, being suspension and tyres...

Attachments

• IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0156.jpg
    IMAG0156.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0157.jpg
    IMAG0157.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Back