Heath d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having to use the winch, yesterday and finding that the 'wind out' function didn't work, I took out the control box. At the time of mounting I thought it was a good idea to tuck the control box out of the way in behind the bullbar. WRONG!!!! it filled with water here and had begun to corrode the terminals of the solinoids.
So I took it out, cleaned it up and made up a bracket to mount it 'front and centre' as you would normally see. All working, just need some longer cables to mount, so heading off to get some in the morning.
Ah well we live and we learn I suppose.

Bit the bullet and had the suspension done, and added muddies and steel rims. After a heap of time on the phone, listening to the experts, reading threads I went with the dobinsons full kit, shocks, torsions, leaves, greaseable shackles. some 16X8 black steelies and bridgestone mud tyres.
Cant wait to get it muddy! Jase hopefully these mods will make driving with me a bit less 'entertaining'

Attachments

• IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 88
Cant wait to get it muddy! Jase hopefully these mods will make driving with me a bit less 'entertaining'

Mate, your just as entertaining around the camp fire:big_smile: But the look on your face sliding uncontrollably down those muddy ruts was priceless stuff.

All you need now is a front Lokka and you'll be half as good as the Pootrol:sarcastic:

Jokes aside, the rig's looking the goods!

Bit the bullet and had the suspension done, and added muddies and steel rims. After a heap of time on the phone, listening to the experts, reading threads I went with the dobinsons full kit, shocks, torsions, leaves, greaseable shackles. some 16X8 black steelies and bridgestone mud tyres.

Jee's mate I'm getting all embarassed now calling me an expert.lol
It is looking the goods now Heath.How is the young fella

Good work mate. Can't wait to see it on the weekend and give her a workout up Blue Rag. Nice work Heath - and a very nice price.

Now for some pin stripes!

Ian, should have posted that 265/75/16 which seems to be the go, including tyres I have got about 50mm lift at the back.
Scotty, thanks for asking Hugo managed to strain something in his shoulder taking of his jumper this morning, but like most kids he seems to be coming good pretty quickly.
Ridgie, black paint only needs to see a tree to get pinstripes!

Hey Heath,

Could you post up some shots of your suspension underneath ect?
Your car is coming along to be a super nice traveller! Keep practising that 4x4 skills :p

no worries mate I'll get something up in the next few days. Anything specific ? Have to say I'm pretty happy with the Dobinsons.

Leaves, torsion bars and shackles would be good, try putting your camera on macro function so its nice when close shots :p. Im looking at doing mine very soon I may get a mixture of gear but will all (hopefully) be some of the nicer gear like yours.

Did you get a lift or just kept the standard ride height?

Back